Aerial alternatives

Started by Pandasuit88, October 18, 2016, 09:41

Pandasuit88

Hey all,

So of course my aerial motor has decided to give up on life. I've just been in the bin and unplugged the motor so I can leave the aerial halfway up. Problem is I don't really like the look of it now. A bit too chrome for me. So I was hoping to find a beesting or at least a shorter black aerial.  I have found this:

m http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/RUBBER-BLACK-RE ... nav=SEARCH m

But i have a sneaking suspicion you won't be able to just swap it over like this....what am I going to need to change? Thanks for your help.

Ps88

paulj

When you take out your old motorised aerial, you will remove the complete assembly leaving a hole in the body panel.  To replace with another aerial you will need to buy the full unit and not just the bit which would screw into an existing body mount. There is a removal/replacement how to that you should look at - it involves removing the back wheel but isn't too complicated.
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

ad_car_08

Providing you can help me find a suitable blanking plate, I have a working aerial, should you want a replacement? I've sold my radio now and have no need for it anymore
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

madman

Honda s2000 aerial is alternative which looks good

Philip0694

Isn't the s2000 aerial a pain to fit? So I've heard

Tags: