2000 PFL Track / Fast Road Project

Started by andy bird, October 18, 2016, 13:32

andy bird

So started my project in ernest so thought I would start a thread for those who hadn't seen it on Facebook.

Brought this one a few weeks ago and have now started with the modifications

Stainless steel manifold was fitted when I got it as was a stainless backbox, sounds very nice and not droney on the motorway either.

I have since swapped the wheels to some Borbet C's 7x16 on the front and 9x16 on the back (excuse the stretch, those are the tyres they come with so soon to be changed.  Still had to pull the arch by about 20mm) and added a Blitz Air intake and BC Racing coilovers.

I still have a front lip to fit, which isn't strictly for a MR2 Roadster (I just liked it) and some more custom Aero to go on.

Once that is done I am done with the bodywork and will be working on the performance.  Still considering turbo or 2zz then turbo.  I know all the pro's and cons but just not yet decided.  Whatever I will do I will do it over the winter then wheel it out for the spring time but I am hoping to get a track day in before Christmas anyway.

When I brought it

New wheels on desperate for lowering

Coilovers fitted and arches persuaded

Jrichards20

Really like those wheels! I'm starting to pull away from the RPF1s and may start looking at some deeper dish ones.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Tags: