Pre-cat gutting meet

Started by markiii, January 21, 2005, 00:59

kanujunkie

Quote from: "markiii"right I reckon it's going to be first or 2nd weekend in June and I'm going to go for a saturday this time. I'll update with exact details tonight.

please make it the second weekend  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  please make it the second  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "Liz"I get popping noises and a lovely low growl.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

I get those with my pre-cats still in place.. I do hope I get more without them  s;) ;) s;)  (Used to like that in my R16 - no CAT at all  s;) ;) s;) )
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Darth Paul

Right I've just read through every page of this thread.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   From what I can gather the post 03 cars have more bolts/different manifold design?  s:? :? s:?   I have to say I am rather confused.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I am interested in finally doing this, and would like to be pencil'd in for the gutting meet.. But would someone mind doing a bullet point list of what needs doing – all the info is spread across seven pages!

From what I can gather...

1. Penetrating fluid on the manifold bolts. Do the newer cars have more?
2. Penetrating fluid on the O2 sensors?
3. Remove heat shield prior to meet? O2 sensors out first?

Help here would be great, and Mark, if there's room for one more I'll probably be there.

Cheers!

markiii

OK this is confiemd for the 11th June

I will split the topic an update in a sec.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

mrsmr2

Quote from: "Liz"From my point of view the increased noise is fantastic, but probably something to do with the H & S as well, I get popping noises and a lovely low growl.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Thanks Liz

I'm quite happy for extra growl - mine's actually quite growly now.  

It's the increased boominess and drone at cruising speeds that would ruin it for me - so I would like to know if this is a common result.

Jason
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

Liz

No its the lower revs where you really get the joy of it  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  .  I may pop along to the gutting meet and you can have a ride out and listen if you like?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

mrsmr2

Quote from: "Liz"No its the lower revs where you really get the joy of it  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  .  I may pop along to the gutting meet and you can have a ride out and listen if you like?

Thanks Liz

I've bit the bullet and will be attending to have the things out.

Jason
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

richbay

sat 11th june please count me in

markiii

you may want to atke a look  m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 6113#86113 m
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Leggy

Hi Guys, any room for another? I'm absolutely kacking myself reading these threads. I've got an 00 reg, it's only done 20K, but I'm well out of warranty.

I did take out a 3 year warranty from the garage I bought it from, but I suppose that's not worth the paper it's written on!

GET THEM OUT, the Pre cats I mean, obviously.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
00 Silver / Black Leather / Toyota UK Front spolier, Side skirts & Rear bumper extensions / Hardtop / Mongo\'s / Corky\'s / Cusco Front Tower Brace/ Custom twin Exhaust / 03 Side Vents / Che\'s Header. Sadly a distant memory!

Liz

Leggy,

I believe this one is full, have a look at Markiii's link in the above post
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tags: