Pre-cat gutting meet

Started by markiii, January 21, 2005, 00:59

heathstimpson

If it's ok I would like to be an early starter and stay until early afternoon as I have another commitment on  s:?: :?: s:?:  Please let me know what time you want to get the ball rolling.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

markiii

no problem,  if your here for 9am we'll do yours firs
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

heathstimpson

Quote from: "markiii"no problem,  if your here for 9am we'll do yours firs
I'll be there  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Bagsy 2nd go!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D

markiii

ok chaps, having spoken to MPH ref his gutted manifold sitting in my garage what I propose to do is remove manifold 1, and reattach the pregutted manifold while someone is gutting teh one we have taken off, and proceed in thsi fashion down teh list of cars.

this should allow us to spee things up nicell,

thanks Martin.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

GSB

Has anyone got any spare studs and nuts? They're always useful as they are a slightly uncommon thread with a 10x1.25mm thread pitch, as opposed to the more normal 10x1.5mm.  

If it all goes wrong and a stud actually snaps, and is beyond hope of extraction, then as long as its not in the blind hole in the right hand side of the manifold I've found its a very quick and simple fix to run a 10mm drill through the hole and just use an everyday 10mm nut and bolt to rejoin the cat to the manifold.

For the blind hole thats beyond hope of proper repair, then you can drill it out to 10.5mm, and run a 12mm tap into the hole. You'll need to run a 12mm drill through the matching hole in the cat flange (dont forget to cover the 2 exhaust ports), but once done you can simpley screw a 12mm bolt in to secure the manifold...

Not perfect solutions, but they're bloody quick, and you can turn around a supposedly shagged manifold in about 20 minutes.

Best of luck on Sunday guys.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "ekona"Bagsy 2nd go!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D
If you can get there for 9am you can be the first; it will give me an extra bit of time as I need to allow just over an hour for the journey  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  I'll slot in 2nd or 3rd dependent on who makes it before me  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "ekona"Bagsy 2nd go!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D
If you can get there for 9am you can be the first; it will give me an extra bit of time as I need to allow just over an hour for the journey  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  I'll slot in 2nd or 3rd dependent on who makes it before me  s:? :? s:?

It'll take me just over an hour too, and with my legendary sense of direction I'll be lucky to make it there at all!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I'll try my damndest to be there spot on 9am though.

/me prays the AA route finder webpage gives me the correct directions   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Two's Company

Err... think it will be taking me more than an hour!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Liz

Let me know when you are on the A1M and you can follow me from there if you like?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

The future is Satnav, and you all know it  s:) :) s:)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Two's Company"Err... think it will be taking me more than an hour!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  I assume your not getting their for 9am then  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

markiii

If anyone is specifcally intending to get here later than 9am can you let me know, so we can plan breakfast.

ta.

Slacey

Quote from: "markiii"If anyone is specifcally intending to get here later than 9pm can you let me know, so we can plan breakfast.

ta.
Would that not be dinner by then?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

markiii

edited due to stupidity

Two's Company

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "Two's Company"Err... think it will be taking me more than an hour!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  I assume your not getting their for 9am then  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Yep going for an early start, hoping to be in the queue as one of the first to be done!?

Anonymous

AA route planner reckons 2:30 so I'm going to leave at 06:00 to allow for time spent lost  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Mark
What's your favourite beer?

Liz
Will I be able to pay up memebership on Sunday and what about stickers?  [having trouble getting to Paypal]

Liz

Hi Bowman   s:) :) s:)  - there is no membership to pay up, membership on this club is FREE  s:D :D s:D  

However, I will shamelessly mention again that a donation to the club coffers would be nice from those who are having the pre-cats done, the donation button at the bottom of the screens goes straight through to allow you to put money in.

SteveJ is the sticker guy, he is still around on here, could you PM him please?

Thanks guys

Bongo

Seems like a 2 hour trip for me, A50, then down the M1 for 100 miles (and a bit extra).

Anyone coming from a similar direction fancy a convoy?

Anonymous

pity my precats decided to gut themselves around the same time this meet is being organised, as i would'nt have minded sorting them out before they went on their own accord  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Bongo

Quote from: "Tomr2"pity my precats decided to gut themselves around the same time this meet is being organised, as i would'nt have minded sorting them out before they went on their own accord  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Indeed, would have been easier to find in a convoy aswell...

How's your car running now?

Anonymous

i know mate, ive just bought a Sat Nav system aswell! you cn borrow it if you like mate...

Car seems ok still, had a new (well, rather used Main Cat) from a salvage yard and going to fit that tommorrow as performance is dire above 3000rpm as the engine cant breath. oil consumption doesnt appear to have changed, but im going to be keeping a close eye on it for now.

it definately sounds better though! a lot throatier around 2k-4k rpm...

Anonymous

Mark I know I'm probably suggesting the obvious here but will you be reporting back what you find when gutting the pre-cats?
How many showed signs of breaking up, year and mileage etc.

Liz

Roadsterman - This has been documented and will be posted later, along with pictures!

Anonymous

All gone.

Thanks to Markiii, Chris, and also Jeff.   Mark & Jeff's help was invaluable, and Chris's food and hospitality made it all the better.  Thanks to all.

Good to see lots of new faces too!

Tags: