how to remove front headlights

Started by Anonymous, July 29, 2003, 01:13

Anonymous

how can u  remove the front headlights say for changing a bulb

and how did the yellow '2 colour coded his headlights?
i heard that u can put the headlight in the oven @ about gas mark 5 for 5 min and this will melt the seal so u can remove the clear plastic from the back part then spray it and re heat it to seal it back  s:?: :?: s:?:   (some guy done it the the FTO)

Anonymous

Quote from: "duongs"how can u  remove the front headlights say for changing a bulb.

You dont need to. You remove the black plastic under the bonnet as mentioned in the hand book. Not the best solution IMHO.

Yes you can bake the lights, but not to change the lamp.

Anonymous

Quote from: "victor"You remove the black plastic under the bonnet as mentioned in the hand book. Not the best solution IMHO.

so u need to order new pins to replace/secure the black plastic?

Hope4Sun

Just push the smaller cirlce in the center of the pin in with the tip of a screwdriver, about 2-3mm, it will click and become loose, then just pull the whole pin out in one peace.

Reset the pin by pushing them back up and half way out the top, then push the whole pin into the hole and click the center back in  s:) :) s:) , sorry i have not got any pics to hand.

You can change the bulb's by just undoing the front coners and lifting the plastic up, its a pain, but saves on removing the whole cover.

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Anonymous

so after removing the black plastic can i remove the headlight just by undoing the couple of screw?

Peter Laborne

What are you wanting to do? Remove the headlight or remove a bulb?

Anonymous

changing the bulb,
but maybe colour code the headlight aswel

Anonymous

changing bulbs can be done without removeal of the headligth but is a little tight!   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Toi remove the headligth you have to remove the front bumper but i havent got a linbk for that it is pretty easy but im sure some one will post a link to how to remove it for you   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"Toi remove the headligth you have to remove the front bumper but i havent got a linbk for that it is pretty easy but im sure some one will post a link to how to remove it for you   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Spyder magazine have an articule covering bumper removal (http://www.spydermagazine.com/2001/Nov/bumper/removebumper.htm), I've tried it and it's not exactly hard.

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"Spyder magazine have an articule covering bumper removal (http://www.spydermagazine.com/2001/Nov/bumper/removebumper.htm), I've tried it and it's not exactly hard.

the last time i tryed to remove the bumper on the fto i left a big gap on both side where the bumper meet the front wing  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
but i think colour coding the lights look wicked so maybe try again lets hope this time i don't mess up

Anonymous

And you weren't left with any screws?  The ones that govern the wing bumper join seem to the be the two under the wheel well cover, if that's any help when you come to tighten them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"And you weren't left with any screws?  The ones that govern the wing bumper join seem to the be the two under the wheel well cover, if that's any help when you come to tighten them.

sold the car with the big gaps   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Quote from: "duongs"but i think colour coding the lights look wicked so maybe try again lets hope this time i don't mess up

Well mine are done & it improves the 2 100% IMHO.

Pics to appear soon of completed 2 & lights on their own.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"Well mine are done & it improves the 2 100% IMHO.

Pics to appear soon of completed 2 & lights on their own.

so how do u reseal the cover to make sure water cant get in?

Tags: