Windscreen heater demister and Aircon

Started by charl1ey, January 6, 2017, 16:37

charl1ey

Hi having real issues with my heater. Even recently when the engine is at temperature the heater won't blow hot air through even when on full and with heat setting on max. I've even tried it with air con and it doesn't make a difference. Aircon was recharged in the summer.

Any quick ideas it's useless at clearing the screen anyone else notice the windscreen blower is rubbish on our cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Driving my 2 is the most fun you can have... with your pants on.
\'Giggity Giggity - allll right!\'

StuC

How is your engine coolant level or radiator condition?

I am just wondering if you have air in your heater matrix and it needs bleeding.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

PhilMC

Blowers are super fantastic on our cars, and I don't even have air con so you can discount the air con being at fault.
Hopefully someone with greater experience of the roadster heaters can shed some light on things for you.
Ex-1zz and 2zz 2005 Roadster owner  \":flame:\" .

mikek

I'm having a similar issue. Heater works fine nice and hot, then goes freezing cold and the temperature gauge goes through the roof. Then it goes hot again and the temp gauge goes back to normal. I'm thinking air lock but I'm guessing. Any ideas?
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

Carolyn

Sounds like a lot of air in the cooling system.  How's the level in the bottle?  You need to fix this before you go anywhere.  Plenty of stuff on here about bleeding the air out of the system.  Also - check for leaks under the front plastics and around the water pump and take the oil filler cap off and check the underside for sludge (truly hope you don't find any).
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

charl1ey

Did notice some coolant leaked on my garage floor from under the front plastics. I get that with my engine temp rising then dropping too. What am I looking for specifically? Will try and find thread on bleeding air out the system. Thanks

Carolyn

Almost certainly a radiator leak.  Not so bad.  Around £40 for a replacement and not a difficult job to swap out.  You will need to read up on bleeding the system for when the swap is done.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

charl1ey

Ok thanks will look into radiator leaks! Cheers

mikek

Bled the cooling system, small amount of air in the radiator (looks newish), loads in the heater matrix. Drove it for an hour and it was all good so i Hope this solves it.
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

Tags: