Competition Clutch Flywheel vs Fidanza Flywheel

Started by ad_car_08, February 3, 2017, 13:53

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Petrus on April 29, 2019, 11:31
Quote from: Call the midlife! on April 29, 2019, 09:43
I've got the Competition Clutch flywheel on my 1zz, pretty sure it's multi fitment and also fits the 2zz,
Checked and Competition Clutch have two diffent partnumbers for the two flywheels. Alas, a used 2ZZ flywheel from the Lotus crowd is not an option. It has to be from a 1ZZ engined model.
Well all I can say is the invoice for mine lists it as a 2zz flywheel and it definitely fits my 1zz gearbox so other than a typo on the invoice (which I queried with the supplier on delivery) I don't know what else to say about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Petrus

Quote from: Call the midlife! on April 29, 2019, 11:46
Well all I can say is the invoice for mine lists it as a 2zz flywheel and it definitely fits my 1zz gearbox so other than a typo on the invoice (which I queried with the supplier on delivery) I don't know what else to say about that.

Weírd!

Would be good news if so as I know of an unused Lotus Exige 2ZZ flywheel for sale. Weight just shy of 13 lbs.

Call the midlife!

This is what is on mine, I only threw the packing away last week or I'd be able to check the details on the label.
Weighed in around 4.2kg if I remember rightly.

Petrus

Quote from: Call the midlife! on April 29, 2019, 11:55
This is what is on mine, I only threw the packing away last week or I'd be able to check the details on the label.
Weighed in around 4.2kg if I remember rightly.

Looks fast  ;D

Gaz mr-s

I think Petrus is correct that they don't fit both. I have an Assco that I got cheap from the US for my 1zz.
Before buying there was a listing on ebay uk by an engineering company (Haydon/ Hayward.....name sounded like that) that made stuff for racing, & the light flywheel was for a Lotus 2zz.  After some investigation I found it didn't fit an MR2.  The clutch is interchangeable, but something about the flywheel is different.

Petrus

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on April 29, 2019, 12:07The clutch is interchangeable, but something about the flywheel is different.

The crankshafts are different, mores specifically the mounting flanges for the flywheel: Different centre hole and different bolt pattern.

jvanzyl

Quote from: Petrus on April 29, 2019, 11:31
Quote from: Call the midlife! on April 29, 2019, 09:43
I've got the Competition Clutch flywheel on my 1zz, pretty sure it's multi fitment and also fits the 2zz,
Checked and Competition Clutch have two diffent partnumbers for the two flywheels. Alas, a used 2ZZ flywheel from the Lotus crowd is not an option. It has to be from a 1ZZ engined model.

The flywheel bolts from ARP are the same for the 1zz/2zz but the flywheels themselves are different. I bought my one from Seriously Lotus https://www.seriouslylotus.com/drivetrain/toyota-drivetrain/ultra-light-steel-flywheel-toyota-1zz-std-type-clutch

Think I got it for about £250 - it is very nice and the engine does not feel as laboured when building the revs.

Petrus

Quote from: jvanzyl on April 29, 2019, 14:40I bought my one from Seriously Lotus https://www.seriouslylotus.com/drivetrain/toyota-drivetrain/ultra-light-steel-flywheel-toyota-1zz-std-type-clutch

Think I got it for about £250 - it is very nice and the engine does not feel as laboured when building the revs.

I think that one is the same as the Competition Clutch.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Petrus on April 29, 2019, 21:41
Quote from: jvanzyl on April 29, 2019, 14:40I bought my one from Seriously Lotus https://www.seriouslylotus.com/drivetrain/toyota-drivetrain/ultra-light-steel-flywheel-toyota-1zz-std-type-clutch

I think that one is the same as the Competition Clutch.
And around £40 more than I paid for mine [emoji23]

Petrus

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Petrus on April 29, 2019, 22:42
Quote from: Call the midlife! on April 29, 2019, 21:48
And around £40 more than I paid for mine [emoji23]

Do share your source  :D
I got mine through Paul Pridham affiliated on here as TCB Performance Parts. He's looked after me quite well price wise, supplying most of the parts for my winter rebuild.
Not sure what the trans European delivery would be but worth the ask .

Petrus

Petrus

As I wrote, I am very much on the fence about the imo too light ones. I would pounce on a 13 lbs Lotus one but a 10 lbs or less??? That is getting to be very, véry little flywheel mass.

Ah well, it is only a luxury problem  ;D

The weather is.... mediterranean, the fiesta de los pueblos in Fuengirola opens today and I am at Malageña gf´s so.... nót going with mine because of a real world problem: Her cabrio has an electric hardtop which is a bit more secure in an environment that is a magnet for opportunity crime.

Enjoy your day.

Petrus

Tags: