Warning ⚠️ Light

Started by Brizee67, February 9, 2017, 14:12

Ardent

This might help.   s:) :) s:)  

Brizee67

Now I know I got that plug wet when I hosed the engine down...could that have caused my EML to come on??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brizee67

I took the '2 for another drive today...topless of course...and still no EML; which to be fair is great news...but what I have noticed is fresh oil leaking from the right hand side of the block again. I can't tell where it's leaking from...I'm surmising it isn't the o-ring as that's been replaced...could it be the rocker cover gasket??

Ardent

Quite possible, not usually heavily if it is, more weepy than leaky.  If that makes sense.

Ardent

Same routine clean it off and back Trace

Brizee67

I'll clean it up if I get time tomorrow...first things first; I've got two door locks to replace [emoji51] wish me luck

frogger

You are hosing your engine down?

Brizee67

I always hose the engine down with water after spraying degreaser to remove all of the dissolved crud and excess degreaser which might be present

shnazzle

Perfectly OK as long as you make sure you cover all the electrical connectors.
There's the MAF and o2 sensor connectors that come to mind immediately that are easily visible.
Ardent has pointed out the MAF.
O2 plugs are grey at the left and right of the engine, just follow the leads.
Then there's the reversing switch plug under the intake pipe, but if you're using quick aimed blasts you should be able to miss that.

Obviously the fuse box. And battery on the left.

All in all, you're probably best off rinsing using a well-aimed watering can.

I've been desperate to clean out my engine bay and I've shyd away from it due to these issues
...neutiquam erro.

Ardent

If using bilt hamber surefx as a degreaser. You can get away with using hand water  spray gun/bottle.  As in a plant sprayer. To rinse off.

Brizee67

So as anticipated the warning light has come back on again. This time I was able to plug in my OBD reader and got this....
I have looked up the code but it says it's not recognised. I'm guessing from the wording that it's an 02 sensor as previously suggested??

Carolyn

That would be the sensor in after the main cat, I believe.

Welcome to the O2 sensor club.  The heater circuit is not critical, but, no doubt, the light is an irritant.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Wabbitkilla

m http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk m  ... DOX-0206

Sensor is located nearside of car just behind the tailpipe.
Plug is on the back side of the coolant expansion tak inside of the nearside rear wing.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Ardent

1 Scanner, duly paid for itself.

Brizee67

Quote from: "Ardent"1 Scanner, duly paid for itself.
Absolutely has...a very worthwhile purchase.

I have since bought a wireless ELM327 unit that works with various apps on my iPhone. It should give me shed loads of information when the EML next comes up.

I've already sourced another 02 sensor and socket too.

Ardent

Thats the spirit.

Top tip, the lead passes up by the NSR light, when you remove the 2 visible screws. There is a small hidden spigot that locates into the wing/body. Just requires a gentle wiggle.

Brizee67

[emoji1360]

Tags: