2000 Stock Sony Head Unit

Started by Anonymous, January 28, 2005, 21:26

Anonymous

My 2000 stock head unit has a function for minidisc. Can I use this to connect an mp3 player or do I have to fork out for a new unit?

Anonymous

You headunit can control a CD or MD changer, if you want to connect it to an MP3 player your MP3 player will need to be able to emulate a Sony CD Changer..... or you'll need an adapter to allow it to.  If you had an Ipod, you could get an "IceLink" adpater, which would do just that... but they cost quite a lot (around 100quid).  I'm sure there'll be others out there for other popular MP3 players, but I've not experience of those.

SteveJ

What you need is a Sony XA-300 - I currently have one for sale :-

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5611&highlight=

Darth Paul

Quote from: "SteveJ"What you need is a Sony XA-300 - I currently have one for sale :-

Wondered when you'd turn up!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Does the connector cahrge the mp3 player?

SteveJ

As I said in the for-sale thread, all this provides is the ability to use the line-inputs on any Sony HU that has an s-bus connection. With it connected you get 3 new sources - AUX1 AUX2 & USB. There is no power available from the unit - that you would need to sort seperately.

I used to use it with an mStation HDD based MP3 player which worked really well in my '2s (still working on getting the mStation fitted to my new A3)

Tags: