Meet Maureen she's a Silver 04

Started by Garfy, April 23, 2017, 19:04

Garfy

All done  :D haven't managed to get out for a proper drive yet but it definitely feels tighter and I have bottomed out once (It was a huuuge speed hump meant for trucks) Can you see the difference?
I measured before and the heights was
FR 63cm
FL 64cm
RR 65.5cm
RL 63cm

Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors
ECU and electronic boost control
2.5" sports exhaust with twin tail pipes

Garfy

Measurements post are:

FR 62cm
FL 62cm
RR 63cm
RL 63cm
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Call the midlife!

In the style of Whispering Bob Harris.. "Nice..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Garfy

A little issue this morning on a roundabout, heard something fly around the wheel arch  :'(
Flat by the time I got to work, thankfully 500M away.
Finally got to check at 15:00 this afternoon.

Thankfully I'd got it booked into a friendly tyre man and for ten squid, a cup of tea and a KitKat all repaired  :D
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Chilli Girl

Ooooouch, that would've hurt.  Glad you got it sorted! :)
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

delhusband

Ouch. On AD08R's too. I know nothing about tyre repair, I'm surprised, that looks bad, didn't know that was fixable
Hate pointy animals

Garfy

Truck tyre patch on the inside, rubber glue to stick the outside cut back down. Job done  ;D
New ones needed next year anyway  :(
As long as it gets through MOT in two weeks
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Joesson

The picture looks like that's "Knife Crime"

Views on tyre repair seem to have changed over time.
At one time inner tubes were used on punctured tubeless tyres but I understand that only applied to cross ply tyres, now largely superseded by radials.
Similarly plugs were used, inserted from the outside, I last saw a plug used in the US nearly 20 years ago, even then I was surprised that it was still done.( But then again single grade oil was/ possibly  still is popular there. The Oil change depots seem to offer single grade oil but  change at more frequent intervals than we practice in the UK).
For radial tyres I understand that the position of the puncture is a determining factor, too near the side wall means the patch would be subject to flexing and part company with the tyre.
Technically I believe the patched tyre/ wheel should be rebalanced but then we don't drive high performance vehicles ;)

Garfy

Passed MOT on Monday, no advisories  :-*
Apart from rear tyres that I knew about.

Nice thing was, I managed to talk to the tester and mentioned the rust underneath at the front end, he said, if I treat it the way I have done at the rear it won't be a problem.

Well chuffed with that, good to hear that something you did was up to scratch, especially, when I had no idea what I was doing  :o

Now I know what I'm doing next spring/summer IF I can work out how to get the front end up on the ramps?
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Time to start cleaning up under the front, first thing is to clean up second hand power steering pipes.
Easily done in the kitchen I hope as this is my garage  (:< >:)
Clean up all metal and paint with Rustoleum green
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

moredun

Quote from: Garfy on November 24, 2018, 12:51

Now I know what I'm doing next spring/summer IF I can work out how to get the front end up on the ramps?

This is how I did mine ....
Winner of the Numb bum award 2019

Garfy

Gotta find a couple of scaffold planks then :) lucky there's a lot of scaffolders come into the café I work in.

Now before I go any further with cleaning up the power steering pipes, can anyone tell me if there is any difference in these?

SPA is a picture of a brand new set, SPB is a picture of the second hand set I bought.

They don't quite look the same?? Could this be because the set I bought has been on the vehicle and hence bent into place OR could I have the incorrect pipes  :'(
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Pipes have been replaced  :) I had the UJ replaced at the same time alongside impulse buy of a new battery  (:< >:).
Soo nice atm to go out and know she's gonna start  :D
Sump, oil and filter arriving next week, think I will paint the new sump before it's fitted.
All go, can't wait for new roof.
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Yesterday the sump was replaced, I've been informed it was just in time as the metal was getting porous and the oil was starting to come through from the inside on the rusted area  :o
Oil changed with new titan fuchs and oil filter whilst at it.

Mechanic says he could see some slivers of metal in the old oil and advised to change the oil sooner next time, hope fully it's nothing too bad although I know it must be  :'( roughly 5000 miles since last oil change.

On the up side, he also said looking when the sump was off that it had been kept well in the past  :-*
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

The last couple of weeks I have been mainly cleaning and dying leather  ;D

And green it is   ???

Steering wheel and one door card to date
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Realised I haven't updated whats been happening with Maureen :o
Soo, back in easter I got a new roof. Please no comments on how dirty she is at the moment ;)
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

So with a green roof I wanted to turn some of the interior green :)

Door cards and steering wheel, I also covered the arm rests with leather and dyed them green.

And added a new stereo (not that impressed with it tbh) cheap but worksYou cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

And the callipers  ::) You cannot view this attachment.
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Currently working on the sills (as there was a little rust) and my purchase from ding day :D You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

Garfy

Forgot to add a huuuge thank you for John (Jvanzyl) for swapping my foglights over at ding day  ;D
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

StuC

I have 2 of those rover 45 armrests in my garage! Lol
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Garfy

Quote from: StuC on July  7, 2019, 15:42I have 2 of those rover 45 armrests in my garage! Lol

But the club benefitted by £25 in the auction ;)
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors

StuC

there was FB seller that had one which didn't hinge, it used the cupholder at the rear to hold itself in.

I think the seller has packed up up now though.

Perhaps that is my next project. I dont like the idea of cutting into my console moulding.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

tony=m=

yeah same, im going to order a audi one just to see how easy it is to do and for just a tenner it's not a big loss when i f it up lol  ;D , i found a few cheapo china ones also but the link i posted seems to be a better quailty version .
Nothing is impossible when you don't know what you are talking about.

Tags: