Unichip

Started by Anonymous, February 6, 2005, 21:01

Liz

To be honest I am wondering whether to make the trip to Millways as they have had experience of doing the '2, if mine arrives shortly I would be in with you for a trip there.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Liz"To be honest I am wondering whether to make the trip to Millways as they have had experience of doing the '2, if mine arrives shortly I would be in with you for a trip there.
I'm starting to think along the same lines as I don't think you can beat someone with good experience of the 2. I already have my chip so may be able to come along dependent on date. How much do they quote if you have prefixed the chip yourself  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Jap GT300

I think I'll be going to Millways too and I have pre installed my chip.

LeeUK

Also looking around at prices they are rather modest in there pricing compared to others who really hit you on tuning.  I think I'm in the second batch too so I won't be going for 2-3 weeks, but would be good to have some company in the waiting room!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Hope to take a good video of my car on the rollers!  s:P :P s:P  

Are millways open on saturdays?  Just wondering wheather I will need to take a days holiday!   s:? :? s:?
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

Sadly Millway is not open on Saturdays.  Have booked with them toinstall and tune on 28th

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Bowman"Sadly Millway is not open on Saturdays.  Have booked with them toinstall and tune on 28th
What did they quote the approx price to be  s:?: :?: s:?:

roger

I've got to wait 6 weeks for my exhaust - so might be some time yet.

Millways is my "local" dealer, and they told me £120 (ish) + VAT, based on an hourly rate of £60. I reckon you can spend as long as you like, and as many dynos as you want, as long as you pay the hourly rate.

By the way they weren't too keen on the idea of a Group Tune!   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Roger
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

£470 supply/fit/tune.  Last year MR2OC had a rolling road day down there. I believe they are one of the best for Unichip and Toyota, reccommended by Daestek

heathstimpson

Quote from: "roger"I've got to wait 6 weeks for my exhaust - so might be some time yet.
Roger
I'm not in a major rush as they sent me a pretuned chip in error so hope to get this in and see how it goes next week.

Anonymous

Dyno Results are in:

MapB Peak Power: 163.4 BHP @ 6676 RPM
MapA Peak Power: 164.4 BHP @ 6641 RPM

MapB Peak Torque: 137.9 Lb Ft @ 4771
MapA Peak Torque: 140.6 Lb Ft @ 4771

Scanner seems broken atm altho will try and sort something

Bongo

Nice result, did you do a run without the chip?

Anonymous

Just had a look at fitting mine but there is a metal plate covering at least one of the ECU plugs, which prevents me from unplugging. The plate is secured with 2 antitamper star screws - bugger. My 2 is a facelifted 03 model. Gonna have a look at Halfords % B&Q to get a suitbale socket.

Anonymous

Send GSB a pm  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Cheers guys, just got PM from Grant. I'm sure that I read somewhere that you can get these star socket things.

spit

Rusty - just PM'd you. I'm in your n'hood this afternoon, so feel free to shout me for the star thingy.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"Rusty - just PM'd you. I'm in your n'hood this afternoon, so feel free to shout me for the star thingy.

Had a look at mine yesterday.

I think you'll find it's not an ordinary torx fitting, it has a raised dimple in the middle that will prevent you using the torx.

SimonC_Here

Removed mine with a dremmel and big screwdriver!

20 min job.
longest part was taking the compartment apart.

Simon

heathstimpson

Fitted mine today and have a couple of questions for the others that did theirs already. Where did you position the Unichip box as the suggested location must foul the plastic cubby hole insert  s:?: :?: s:?:  And did you find the existing loom wiring very tight to the other Unichip box  s:?: :?: s:?:  I have cut back the tape etc but several wires are still pulling quite tight when tyraped as suggested.

Anyway with it installed and a tank of super unleaded I took it for a 100 mile spin today. Definately a noticable change  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  It pulls through the range with more eagerness, and accelerates faster  s8) 8) s8)

Chris

Quote from: "RUSTY"Just had a look at fitting mine but there is a metal plate covering at least one of the ECU plugs

Me too..   s:( :( s:(  

So, what with that and the fact that the space under my l/h rear bin is taken up with the smt ecu   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  , I didn't have a very successful spannering session!!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

You need to PM GSB  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Liz

I am going to set about checking out mine tomorrow, large hammer at the ready  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

GSB

As Heath has already posted, the special tool required for fitting has been sourced and is now available. (Phew...). PM heath for more details.

Of course, your car is now out of warranty Liz, so feel free to remove them how you see fit.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

My mate from *cough* fords *cough* can get me one, so anybody in the Hull area needs one, give me a shout.  (my chip was despatched on saturday)

LeeUK

Reading the above I would imagine these are the same style star bolts as what what used to bolt on my brake calipers to my Corsa (six pointed stars if i recall correctly), if so I have a full set of these sockets   s:P :P s:P  .  You can get them from Halfords... or you could.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

No they are a different type - I made the same assumption and found out the hard way. They are a five point star with centre pin. You won't be able to buy them from any shop. PM Heathstimpson.

Tags: