My Silver Tincan - Ended :(

Started by rich_p, June 28, 2017, 19:00

MR TWO

Quote from: "rich_p"Sadly this project has met a premature end  s:( :( s:(  

I was side swiped by and old woman crossing two lanes of traffic on a dual carriageway not taking the time to make sure she a clear path. The car will most likely be written off.

I'm ofcourse hoping that insurance settle things quickly and I'll be shopping for a new one to continue my plans.

I'm gutted but it's nothing but metal at the end of the day, all involved walked away.
Sorry that this has happened to you, but very happy you all walked away without problems.

A great new project is just around the corner!
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

m1tch

RIP Tincan  s:( :( s:(  on the upside, you should have a good source of parts for your next 2  s:) :) s:)

nathanMR2

Sad times  s:( :( s:(
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

rich_p

Thanks for all the kind sentiments, I know I'm far from the longest served or most active member on here.

The latest with insurance is that it's been deemed a CAT B write off. I always knew the write off was coming but cat B does surprise me as they've based it entirely on images alone, I guess it may just be to cover their backs with the unknown element.  Basically this means I cannot keep the car as such for salvage as they wont make a payout without a certificate of destruction. However I have explained that would like to remove the Interior and some trim pieces for 'the next one' which they have kindly allowed. I'm already well underway with refitting the original struts and worn out brakes so all of my new shiny things will be transferred.
I kind of have no choice but to carry on with an MR2 as I've some rather nice Enkei wheels on order  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
These have been under my skin since the MK2 I owned so I've no intention of giving up so soon.

Chilli Girl

Well done Rich, keep going with the enthusiasm, these cars certainly do take you over, that's for sure!
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

2 of the left

Well done, sir - KBO !!!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

delhusband

Quote from: "rich_p"I kind of have no choice but to carry on with an MR2 as I've some rather nice Enkei wheels on order  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Excellent choice sir  s:D :D s:D  happy hunting
Hate pointy animals

Tags: