Windows tablet for mapping etc

Started by m1tch, August 20, 2017, 14:40

m1tch

Hi all,

Just installed Copilot and FC edit etc to a laptop for mapping and logging on the PFC and Hako, it seems that the programs work fine in windows 10 (but could run in compatibility mode if needed), I notice that there are a few cheaper Windows 10 tablets around such as the Linx 10 (or Linx  s8) 8) s8)  these would be lighter than a laptop and could even be integrated into the dashboard for gauges all the time. I know that for autotuning on the PFC using Co-pilot the system needs to be online eg the laptop always need to be connected which isn't ideal due to additional weight and perhaps needing it elsewhere.

Has anyone used a Windows tablet to do the logging/mapping at all - it comes with a micro USB and you just need a OTG cable to convert to a standard USB for mapping.

Essex2Visuvesi

I was planning on doing the same thing  s:) :) s:)
If you look at the extra cables you should have everything needed to connect the FC Hako to either Micro USB or USB C. I planned on fitting the little usb joiner into the bulkhead to make a neat place for connection.  Biggest issue with this setup tho is the FC Hako is powered by the via USB lead and most tablets only have one usb connection, which is also used for charging  s:( :( s:(

m1tch

Quote from: "Essex2Visuvesi"I was planning on doing the same thing  s:) :) s:)
If you look at the extra cables you should have everything needed to connect the FC Hako to either Micro USB or USB C. I planned on fitting the little usb joiner into the bulkhead to make a neat place for connection.  Biggest issue with this setup though is the FC Hako is powered by the via USB lead and most tablets only have one usb connection, which is also used for charging  s:( :( s:(

It looks like you can get charging AND data OTG cables - I guess the pins would be different for data and power so the 2 cables could be merged into the same cable.

Eg:  m http://www.tmart.com/ONTEN-Portable-USB ... wUQAvD_BwE m

Essex2Visuvesi

Quote from: "m1tch"
Quote from: "Essex2Visuvesi"I was planning on doing the same thing  s:) :) s:)
If you look at the extra cables you should have everything needed to connect the FC Hako to either Micro USB or USB C. I planned on fitting the little usb joiner into the bulkhead to make a neat place for connection.  Biggest issue with this setup though is the FC Hako is powered by the via USB lead and most tablets only have one usb connection, which is also used for charging  s:( :( s:(

It looks like you can get charging AND data OTG cables - I guess the pins would be different for data and power so the 2 cables could be merged into the same cable.

Eg:  m http://www.tmart.com/ONTEN-Portable-USB ... wUQAvD_BwE m

That's handy.... should work nicely  s:) :) s:)

Tags: