Suspension refresh

Started by vx220, September 19, 2017, 08:43

vx220

Hi All,
Does anyone have links to KYB-Tein-topmounts for about the same as the K-sport coilover offer (£622)?

Looks like it'd be over a £100 more for the springs and dampers, which pays for my mechanic to fit them!

Any help gratefully received

Topdownman

You should be able to get KYBs off ebay, tein springs off GT4play, TCB parts or fensport and I think MR2 Ben does top mounts but you may be lucky and find yours are re-useable when you strip down the old shocks so you may not need them.

Lots of threads about replacing suspension and coilovers vs lowering springs and new shocks so worth a search around to help you decide which way to go.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Essex2Visuvesi

You should also factor in a set of new drop links as these will most likely be knackered/seized

Canford

Hi,
I have had a gearbox replaced,new discs,disc caliper and pads.
I get a slight noise cuming from the near side rear wheel.similar to disc pads grinding .
Does anyone have any ideas.
Thank you
For return.

jvanzyl

That'll be your disc brake shields. The tend to rust and then catch against the disc, you'll often hear it more as you turn one direction in particular. You can basically rip it off as you'll be fine without them.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Canford

thanks will try

Tags: