Hass Stage II turbo is here!

Started by Slacey, February 22, 2005, 18:51

Slacey

I believe the kit now retails for around $4k, shipping was $400 (he's working to get that cheaper, mine was expensive as I needed it for a deadline) and taxes are whatever they calculate on that locally - although my package value was 'amended' slightly  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Slacey"I believe the kit now retails for around $4k, shipping was $400 (he's working to get that cheaper, mine was expensive as I needed it for a deadline) and taxes are whatever they calculate on that locally - although my package value was 'amended' slightly  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Only slightly   s:?: :?: s:?:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Looks good; do you hope to complete the install over the weekend  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

kanujunkie

exact prices are at the bottom of this link
http://www.hassauto.com/mr2.htm
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

don't rely on the website

it's rather out of date

both from pricing (it's gone up) and pictures, the design of the intercooler (it's moved)

oh and the exhaust is now 3" not 2.5"
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

markiii

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "Slacey"I believe the kit now retails for around $4k, shipping was $400 (he's working to get that cheaper, mine was expensive as I needed it for a deadline) and taxes are whatever they calculate on that locally - although my package value was 'amended' slightly  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Only slightly   s:?: :?: s:?:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Looks good; do you hope to complete the install over the weekend  s:?: :?: s:?:

we've got Monday as well if we need it, but I reckon 2 days shold suffice
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

dreambackup

if your kit needs a brake-in, what about a run to Paris... I'm sure a few french owners will be please to share a meal (before we try to share a ride  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "dreambackup"if your kit needs a brake-in, what about a run to Paris... I'm sure a few french owners will be please to share a meal (before we try to share a ride  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
I will be passing through France shortly.....  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Awesome Sean! I should have mine in late March. I am excited!

Anonymous

I wonder how Sean & Mark got on this weekend...

Haven't seen either of them on here so either they're still at it, or they're still driving round in it!

kanujunkie

just noticed Sean sign on, pm'd him already to find out
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

It's all good news, so be patient.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

Well, it was a long two days (late night yesterday and today)!

The physical install had a couple of minor hiccups due to a couple of bits missing that we had to be creative with, and today we have had... issues with the electronics, but I can now happily say I have boost  s:D :D s:D  

I'll have more to say tomorrow when I will actually be able to get it out of the garage and drive it  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

kanujunkie

so i hear
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Liz

Any update on this? on the road? what's it like? Tell us!!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

Calm down Liz, all in good time
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Its alle exciting, can't wait to hear how it turns out. What were you missing mate?

Slacey

OK, time to let you all know of the progress so far...

Basically, we had the kit installed by Sunday, it's a most well engineered and built piece of hardware too. Unfortunately we were missing a piece of the IC / intake piping that completed the attachment of the intake > turbo > IC > throttle body, so we got creative and reused the stock rubber intake pipe. Removing the resonator tube even gave us somewhere to attach the BOV!

So, come Monday morning we take her out - and what a blast! It ran as sweet as a nut, right from the smooth idle (I'm running 420cc injectors) to the top of the rev range. The power is nice and linear, climbing smoothly in a really nice power curve, and boy, it's insanely fast  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Now the down side  s:( :( s:(  

When we got back to Mark's I walked around the back of the car, only to find oil, everywhere. After backing it over the pit again for an inspection, we found it was the oil pan that was leaking. Basically, I made a poor job of re-sealing the pan when we put it back, so it's my own fault. It's a learning curve I guess! At least the actual kit and electronics have been proved to be working as they should.

So, as it stands we ran out of time and my car is still at Mark's. I returned home in a rented Fiat Punto (don't laugh) and I will be going back down on Friday to redo the oil pan. Hopefully that will be the end of the install and the start of the fun! Let's put it this way, you all will be the first to know  s:) :) s:)  

Lastly, I'd like to say a big thanks to Mark and Christina for the hospitality and assistance, and to Grant (GSB) and Ian (mr-s_turbo) for the technical help  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

heathstimpson

Sounds like it was generally a success though; look forward to seeing it sometime  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

kanujunkie

when there's time Sean, any chance of a few piccies?

and before anyone shows me the Hass ones, i just wanted to see your install
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Slacey

We do have pictures. It started with good intentions with lots of pics but as time went on, the camera generally got forgotten  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   But, there is still plenty to see. The camera is with my car though, so it will be the weekend before I can get some uploaded.

Anonymous

Any tips for someone who will be installing a stage II soon?

Slacey

Quote from: "DARKSTAR"Any tips for someone who will be installing a stage II soon?
Plenty! I will try and put something together soon for you to work from.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "DARKSTAR"Any tips for someone who will be installing a stage II soon?
Plenty! I will try and put something together soon for you to work from.

oh please do, that would be great. My kit is being shipped out on monday so should be arriving soon I hope

Slacey

If you need the info before I can do a proper write up, then PM me and I'll PM some info back.

Anonymous

Do we have a picture of the final product yet???

i.e. the turbo installed into your mister???

Tags: