Hass Stage II turbo is here!

Started by Slacey, February 22, 2005, 18:51

spit

Its a tough call if you don't know whether there is a problem lurking. Have you had a good bimble around tonight without incident?

I was told to ignore EManage lights - they make no sense. Not sure that thats wise, but sounds like your map and firing is OK.

I'd say go for it tomorrow and log, but after my experience of melting temps and grinding to a halt after I thought I was fixed, I'm not so sure. (probably a different problem though   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

If ECU reset improves the stumbling, then at least you know you'll be able to get where you're going if it starts playing up?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Ooh good point, I haven't reset the ECU in ages... I'll do that tomorrow.

I've taken the car out for a good blast up and down the dual-carriageway, and also took it through town where I was pottering from traffic light to traffic light. A pretty good test all-in, and with no problems.

Sod it, I'll drive tomorrow. Hell, if I can give my car to complete unknowns and still get it back in one piece, I'm happy to take a chance myself.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spit

Quote from: "Ekona"Sod it, I'll drive tomorrow. Hell, if I can give my car to complete unknowns and still get it back in one piece, I'm happy to take a chance myself.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I feel another sweepstake coming on  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Club funds are gonna rocket!
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anything for you guys!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Right, I've officially Given Up.  s:( :( s:(

On Saturday, the car goes to Thor to get the e-Manage/Profec wiring sorted out, and to get tuned off the MAP sensor. No more fannying about for me, it's time to pay someone else to get greasy for a change.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Wow, you do give up easily   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

What can I say? I've had a fair go at getting the car working properly myself, but frustration and the cold weather has finally beaten me.  s:( :( s:(

Meh. I doubt I'll care that I'm a big wuss when I finally get the car back the week after next!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

New in the forum. Hi to everyone! I have a MRS from 2002 here in sunny Madrid. And in a week or two I will be having installed a Hass stage II, Tein Superstreet suspension, Wilwood brakes (330mm discs) and I just bought 17x7 Enkei JS+M for 205-225 tires (I know what many people says about 17" being too large, but its too late, anyway).

Now, I have been reading through this thread and I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight. Flame me if you want, but I can't remember the last time I changed a flat tire...so you can imagine my level of knowledge on mechanical issues...

So...IS THERE ANY CHANCE I CAN GET AWAY WITH MY TURBO WORKING WITHOUT ANY OF THE PROBLEMS I HAVE READ HERE??? I just can't imagine myself driving my MRS while bits and pieces along with oil and other liquids (human included) fall along the road...

Tell me you guys have just been unlucky. Pleeeeeeeease!!

Anonymous

Hola Juanma

Como estas hoy?

Welcome to the Club.

I'm sure that you will receive a great detail of information on this site. Some will worry you other bits will please you. The members who have fitted a Hass turbo will give you their opinions shortly no doubt but if you're already commited then I hope everything goes well.

As you've told us that your from Madrid how about adding the location in your profile?

Anonymous

Quote from: "DavidM"Hola Juanma

Como estas hoy?

Welcome to the Club.

I'm sure that you will receive a great detail of information on this site. Some will worry you other bits will please you. The members who have fitted a Hass turbo will give you their opinions shortly no doubt but if you're already commited then I hope everything goes well.

As you've told us that your from Madrid how about adding the location in your profile?

Just did. Thx for the welcome! Is the URL link the only way to set up the avatar...?

I was just too eager to cry out for consolation in anticipation for all the trouble I am getting into...  s:? :? s:?   I have had my MRS nearly for four years now, but now I am dreaming every night with the Hass. Jay told us that it should be leaving the US next week, so I could get it here before the end of the month, with a bit of luck!

Slacey

We installed mine in the dark and with freezing temperatures, and to this day it has ran perfectly. I had an issue with a manifold explosion but that was no fault of the kit. If it's installed properly you shouldn't have any issues, so don't worry!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Welcome to Club Hass!

I installed mine and had never owned or even driven a turbo car before.
It took me three weeks to do it tho and Im no stranger to a wrench.

The year-old stock clutch held baseboost (5-6psi) just fine but if your still on the original clutch- I dont know how long that will last. You will be replacing it to run more boost anyway.

Where folks make installation mistakes is when they get in a hurry and work when tired. Take your time. If you have another vehicle - use it.

Buenos Suerte!

Anonymous

¡Gracias! I'll be patient and take my time so everything is done properly and then...enjoy!

spynish

Hi Juanma,

Don't hesitate in asking any doubts. Will try to solve it!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Gracias Spynish... I am sure I will see you around... Not many of us in Spain...

Tags: