Hass Stage II turbo is here!

Started by Slacey, February 22, 2005, 18:51

Slacey

Quote from: "rainmen23"Do we have a picture of the final product yet???

i.e. the turbo installed into your mister???
I do, and when I get it back to Telford there will be plenty more!
As mentioned asbove, I left the camera at Mark's, so I will try and remember to pick it up when I am back there on Friday.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I'm lookin forward to see them soon   s8) 8) s8)

Slacey

OK, time for an update. The car is running nicely and back home in Telford at last. The attempt to seal the oil pan appears to have worked, and with the last hardpipe in it runs as it should.
There are a couple of minor issius that need dealing with, the ARP studs I got are a little short to be completely confident in -the manifold that Hass builds is pretty chunky to prevent warping and cracking, but this means there isn't a lot of stud left protruding for the nuts to grip, so I will be looking for longer replacements (anyone have any ideas?).
Secondly, after running perfectly for a number of repeated starts, on getting to Telford it idled at 2000 rpm, and after an ECU reset still does so, a vacuum leak has made itself known I think!
The camera is also at home now too, so I shall endeavour to get some pics up tonight.

Anonymous

Im thinking about ordering the HASS kit now.

But do you need to get the stage 1 before ou get the stage 2?

Slacey

Quote from: "bluephoenix"Im thinking about ordering the HASS kit now.

But do you need to get the stage 1 before ou get the stage 2?
No; the Stage II kit adds an intercooler. That's what I went for.

As a further update, the car is now running 100%  s:D :D s:D  

I have some tidy up work to do to make it all look pretty, then I reckon it will be ready for it's official unveiling!

Anonymous

Cool! have you had it dyno tested yet for torque and bhp?

What do you reckon your 0-60 is now?

Slacey

Quote from: "bluephoenix"Cool! have you had it dyno tested yet for torque and bhp?

What do you reckon your 0-60 is now?
No and no (only just got it in and running) and have no idea on 0-60 yet either.

so.simple

Pictures?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D
Carlos

Anonymous

yep we are still waiting for the pic's

filcee

There's one picture showing some of Slacey's engine bay in this thread here
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Slacey

Sorry guys, forgot all about this!

I'll take some tomorrow when it's clean  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spit

Fabulous thread, me wanta Stage II!

There's a bit of unrest on Spyderchat recently about Hass delivery probs, pipes splitting, joints working loose and setup probs. A lot of it might be from peeps who don't appreciate the need to nurture these things, but it'd be good if we can keep this thread going to learn of the day-to-day goods'n'bads of going Turb.

BTW Sean - Enetec has been through the modded exhaust experience
BTW everyone - vid links of Stage II in action !!

(both under http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21592)
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Slacey

Yeah, I had my share of problems with the kit. The wait was five months in total from order to delivery, there were parts missing (which were with me a week later), I had the infamous intake bell issue and have had minor running problems after that.
During the actual install the above problems were infuriating, although Jay himself did try his best to solve our issues while on holiday in Florida; since then though I have enjoyed the learning curve and quite enjoy fixing anything that may crop up (helicoiling the block being the latest, but that was of my own doing!).

Now I have put around 500 miles on it I reckon I have all of the shakedown problems fixed, although I can say that after the correct parts were fitted, I haven't had a single issue with bolts dropping out or pipes popping off, thankfully.

Oh, and I really must get those pictures tomorrow!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"There's a bit of unrest on Spyderchat recently about Hass delivery probs,

Yeah, placed my order on the 9th of february and I'm 'still' waiting on it to be shipped, been given 4 shipping dates which have all gone. Oh, and it has been fully payed since 2 months back

..frustrating to say the least

markiii

I've been waitinglonger than that.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"I've been waitinglonger than that.

well aren't you something..   s:) :) s:)  

seriously though, how much is longer? seeing as you should be ahead of me on 'the list' it would be nice to know how much longer I should expect to wait. Rather than when I write an upset e-mail to them asking when it will be shipped already and Mark gets back to me with " oh any day now" over and over and over again..

Anonymous

I'm just over the 3-month barrier now... which is twice the stated delivery time on the Hass website...   s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Yeah well it also says on their website that 90% of the time the kit ships on time. more like the other way around

but ofcourse their website hasn't been updated since way back

markiii

20 something of Jan I ordered.

Hopefuly yours is on teh same batch to be shipped as mine,
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

so have you been given a date?

markiii

supposedly it was at teh courier yesterday.

I'm not holding my breaht but will be calling Jay weither tonigh or tommorow.

TommyD

Hey guys, thought I would enter my first post to the board.
I think you will find I'm the missing UK order for the Hass. I ordered this last October, had an original shipping date in November 04, paid in full in January and am still awaiting my ship date! I too have had numerous should be shipping next week, waiting for turbos to come in etc, just missing your dual boost control was the last excuse.

Tom
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Slacey

Ah! The mysterious unknown buyer!

Kept that quiet  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

TommyD

Oooops! Let the cat out of the bag now. Just couldn't let people jump the waiting queue
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Anonymous

so you've been waiting since october? paid in full in january? and still hasn't been shipped?

That's crazy. I can't believe you've let it go on for this long. You need to call them and get on their backs. I really hope you'll demanded something in compensation for this.

btw, have you guys also paid for shipping costs (coz I haven't)? or is that something you pay in after they've sent it?

Tags: