Hass Stage II turbo is here!

Started by Slacey, February 22, 2005, 18:51

TommyD

Yeah I know. It wasn't really an issue till end of Feb as I had other more pressing nightmares happening in my job to sort out, but now it is getting fustrating, especially as I paid in Jan expecting shipment within 3-4 weeks. I do regularly phone and email Mark and am left with a new promise each time. He told me last week it was sitting ready to go out the door but they hadn't had the dual boost controlers in and did I want to wait! I said no ship it.

But hey your right I should get some compensation for this. Maybe I should ask for the upgraded turbo  s:D :D s:D
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Slacey

I am wondering why yours is taking so long Tommy, it should have arrived around the time mine did!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

TommyD

I do admit that I changed my order early Jan from a Stage 1 to a Stage 2 with boost control and added a new clutch. But this was only after waiting 3 months already and they said it would make no difference to my waiting time.

Think I will give Mr Hass a call tonight.
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Anonymous

I hope they'll answer. I tried calling 5 times but they have never answered.

If you do get through, tell them us other guys on this side of the world are also missing one turbokit each   s:) :) s:)

Tem

They seem to have some issues with delivery, you're not the only one  s:? :? s:?
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21306 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I should've gone PE

I've considered so many times demanding my money back and go to some other company just to let them know this isn't an acceptable way to run a bussiness (wrote an e-mail to Jay about this). Actually we should all do that just to show them... but then again, nothing can beat the price Hass offers which is why I went to them in the first place..

just running out of patience  s:? :? s:?

aaronjb

Quote from: "RedRaceR"just running out of patience  s:? :? s:?

I'm not surprised - in fact, I'm sure if I tried to do that to my customers, I'd be in court right now!

Easier to get away with it when there's a large expanse of water between you and the customer, I suppose..

Anyhow, drifting I guess.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I can't believe this company is letting so many people down. Most people don't mind a wait, but they are taking the p*ss at the moment. Not just that it is along time but they have said to so many now that it is ready to go or it's in the next batch, but it never is the case.

Lots seem to be defending them (on SC) but the kit isn't the problem or the long delivery time, it's the lies they throw to the customers to give them a "quick fix" of excitement that it may be with them soon.

As expected a few problems are arising that put the emphasis back on that there still isn't a complete bolt on(and forget) kit available, but still if i were to start again i would go for this kit as a package, but i've had 2years of turbo and e-manage tinkering to feel confident with maintaining and tuning with the set up.

If you go this kit or any other, expect niggles and problems, and never believe the maps are doing their job until it's been properly tuned, the risk is too great.

Hope you guys get sorted soon.

markiii

well apparently mine has now been dispatched.

just waiting a tracking number.

I won't jump for joy until I get one.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"If you go this kit or any other, expect niggles and problems, and never believe the maps are doing their job until it's been properly tuned, the risk is too great.
My car is booked in to be fully tuned by Thor, so that should give us a good UK based map to work with.

Quote from: "markiii"well apparently mine has now been dispatched.

Push them then Mark, the tracking number is in their hands as soon as the courier accepts the parcel!

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"well apparently mine has now been dispatched.

I won't jump for joy until I get one.

I hope you do get yours  s8) 8) s8)

There's another new topic related to this on SC  s:? :? s:?
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=22035 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

markiii

I know, this is looking a little worrying.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Jap GT300

Did you use Escrow?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you lot.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"My car is booked in to be fully tuned by Thor, so that should give us a good UK based map to work with.

When it's done it will be interesting to see how much, if any, adjustments they need to make. MWR maps i had pre-installed were way off. Lets hope you aren't the only Hass turbo'd '2 in the UK that can use it. I'm sorry to say they seem to be going the way of SF   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Slacey

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"When it's done it will be interesting to see how much, if any, adjustments they need to make. MWR maps i had pre-installed were way off. Lets hope you aren't the only Hass turbo'd '2 in the UK that can use it.
The idea is that we will all use it (as we are running exactly the same stage kits) as it has to be better than the US based map that ships with the Emanage - between us we have the necessary equipment to tweak for individuals as required.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"When it's done it will be interesting to see how much, if any, adjustments they need to make. MWR maps i had pre-installed were way off. Lets hope you aren't the only Hass turbo'd '2 in the UK that can use it.
The idea is that we will all use it (as we are running exactly the same stage kits) as it has to be better than the US based map that ships with the Emanage - between us we have the necessary equipment to tweak for individuals as required.

s:D :D s:D  I get that Sean, i meant lets hope your not the only Hass turbo'd kit in the UK that can use it, as yours so far is the only one that has turned up and there is no sign of the others   s8) 8) s8)  .My map worked great on Perrrys without any adjustment as they were identical kits so your map will be great for transfer to others.

Anonymous

QuotePE turbo,greddy e-manage,profec e-01,aquamist WI,gts injectors,high rate fuel pump,wideband O2

So how much did this turbo setup cost you? How much boost/hp are you running?

just good to know at this point I guess..

Anonymous

Quote from: "RedRaceR"
QuotePE turbo,greddy e-manage,profec e-01,aquamist WI,gts injectors,high rate fuel pump,wideband O2

So how much did this turbo setup cost you? How much boost/hp are you running?

just good to know at this point I guess..

Well this was the only option 2years ago and i bought Monkey Wrench's turbo kit that they took off their shop car. I bought to start with -

PE turbo kit - ported
Emanage- Tuned (well it had some numbers put in  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )
Profec E-01
Sump with return pipe installed
Greddy BOV

That was around £2.7k with shipping

Then 190 injectors - used £100
Aquamist - £420
Fuel pump (turns out this isn't needed) - £70

So about £3.3k for the main set up, save £300 if you didn't want the profec, but i think it's worth the money.

It's never been dyno'd so HP is unknown, i run daily at 7psi, high boost on profec is 10psi and have been at 12psi but stock clutch can't handle it, and it's not liking 10psi now.

About £230 on a WB as no-one near could tune it, and it was cheaper than some places quoted to tune.

If your goal is no more than 250-280 flywheel BHP then it's an option i suppose.

markiii

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Did you use Escrow?

fooilishly not

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "Jap GT300"Did you use Escrow?

fooilishly not

Likewise, unfortunately. I did pay by CC though: Surely that covers me in some aspect? I'll have to look into it (just in case)...

Seriously, if this goes tits up, I'm on the first plane over there. Have you got your courier number yet Mark?

markiii

not yet

likewise CC I'm not sure if tehre is a time cut off after which you hae to report it though.

Anonymous

Hey ekona, save me a seat on that plane. Mark, you want to join us?  s:) :) s:)

Bongo

I'd just ring your CC company to check what the limits are, could come in handy if you do need to claim.

markiii

seeing as how I've just called and got voicemail Again! I think you may well be booking 3 seats.

If yo guys want the number and a cheap way to call it from teh UK let me know.

Anonymous

Somthing I just found from the Citizens Advice Bureau:

...you may be able to take proceedings against a credit company alone if the price of the goods was over £100...

It's not exactly clear, and it's more referring to suing someone in the UK, but it doesn't mention anything about a time limit, but at least it gives us an idea as to a possible option should things not work out.

Tags: