Blue PFL V8 conversion

Started by 8thumpers, January 14, 2018, 00:39

8thumpers

Thought somebody might ask that question.....!

Ok, so I separated from my Mrs last August. Managed to squeeze in a day or two at end of the year, but since then haven't been back to the garage to get any work done to it.

Good news is that I now have a new workshop with lots of room. I'm hoping to move the car v soon and carry on where I left off. I still have the far-side hub to fabricate and the suspension arms to make too. After that it shouldn't take long to get it back on its wheels. Then the fun will start with wiring and trying to get it running.

Not sure I'll have it running for Ding day, but watch this space.

Project still very much alive!!!

jvanzyl

Wow...man I'm really sorry to hear about the separation. Hope you're able to take enough time to put yourself back together..
Ignore me and my requests for progress!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

8thumpers

Cheers dude - I have never felt more complete! Lol
Watch this space....

shnazzle

Quote from: 8thumpers on March 12, 2019, 20:22
Cheers dude - I have never felt more complete! Lol
Watch this space....
Good man. Life's too short for unhappiness. Good to see the project continuing!
...neutiquam erro.

jonbill

Glad to hear your still on it. Life has to go on. :)

8thumpers

Went to Japfest today and checked out the 2 section for inspiration. Guessing some of these were your cars guys!

jvanzyl

Nice [emoji3]
So what are the chances of you coming to Ding day? And what are the odds of you brining your car?

8thumpers

Quote from: jvanzyl on May  5, 2019, 22:37
Nice [emoji3]
So what are the chances of you coming to Ding day? And what are the odds of you brining your car?

Which date is dingo? Zero chance of v8 going, I'm afraid,  but I may bring something else.... ;)

jvanzyl

Quote from: 8thumpers on May  6, 2019, 09:01
Nice [emoji3]

Which date is dingo? Zero chance of v8 going, I'm afraid,  but I may bring something else.... ;)
Sat June the 1st! Think the sign up is 40+ cars so far... Would be nice to meet in person and hopefully pick your brains on things!

8thumpers

Quote from: jvanzyl on May  6, 2019, 09:28
Quote from: 8thumpers on May  6, 2019, 09:01
Nice [emoji3]

Sat June the 1st! Think the sign up is 40+ cars so far... Would be nice to meet in person and hopefully pick your brains on things!

That is a shame - traveling back from Holland that day :(

KRAMSNEHPETS

2004 Red edition. 2ZZ engine with Rotrex 30 94 supercharger,90mm pulley. Link Storm ECU. Charge cooler. Custom Meggalian exhaust.Uprated fuel pump, regulator and rail.840 injectors.323 BHP at the hubs. Meistier coil overs. Matt under body brace. Front and rear, upper and lower braces,list goes on...

8thumpers

KRAMSNEHPETS

Hatton Country World Dark Lane Hatton Warwickshire CV35 8XA.
2004 Red edition. 2ZZ engine with Rotrex 30 94 supercharger,90mm pulley. Link Storm ECU. Charge cooler. Custom Meggalian exhaust.Uprated fuel pump, regulator and rail.840 injectors.323 BHP at the hubs. Meistier coil overs. Matt under body brace. Front and rear, upper and lower braces,list goes on...

BahnStormer

so what is the latest on this? needs more pics!!
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

StuC

Quote from: BahnStormer on August 15, 2019, 12:04so what is the latest on this? needs more pics!!

Was thinking the same.

@8thumpers
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

8thumpers

Hi guys
I'm still alive and still have the v8 project on the back burner.
It is next in line for workshop space when the integrale shell goes to be dipped.

Can anyone advise why tapatalk won't load this forum anymore? One day it just stopped loading...

shnazzle

Quote from: 8thumpers on September  9, 2019, 22:42Hi guys
I'm still alive and still have the v8 project on the back burner.
It is next in line for workshop space when the integrale shell goes to be dipped.

Can anyone advise why tapatalk won't load this forum anymore? One day it just stopped loading...
Good to know the project is still alive! 

As for Tapatalk;that's my fault. 
Upgraded thr forum software and unfortunately it turned out that this exact build is not compatible with Tapatalk (yet). They're working on it. Fingers crossed
...neutiquam erro.

gino26

complete newbie here - currently looking to purchase a Mk 3 model, so looking to see what i can do with the engine. this thread is amazing - brilliant work @8thumpers. can't wait to see the rest of the build.

i'm sure you've got plans already, but get as much ventilation and cooling into that bay as possible. i currently have an Audi A6 with the V8 engine from 2004 to 2008 (BAT engine same as in the S4). That engine gives off a lot of heat - especially the area around the manifolds - when you walk past the front arches after a drive you can feel the heat oozing out.

good luck with the next stages.

Hawkes41

Awesome read so far. Waiting with baited breath to see the next update!

8thumpers

Bought this Blackline 200 mig welder. Fantastic welds straight out of the box! Rally Design supplied.

8thumpers

Ok, this is the other Audi hub with built up weld. Next step is to mill it ready for taking the coilover leg.

Petrus

Quote from: 8thumpers on December  6, 2019, 19:28Bought this Blackline 200 mig welder. Fantastic welds straight out of the box!

Potentially. It still is wélder laying the welds. Congrats on both counts!!

jvanzyl

And everybody cheered because there's more progress on the ultimate build!

105e

I am not a welder but where i used to work i got a chance to play with the tig and i made a few things by welding bits together and building things up with weld and machining them to shape. As said im not a welder and maybe the rods were not suitable but the weld seemed soft to me and i would not have trusted welded suspension components..

8thumpers

Quote from: 105e on December  6, 2019, 21:51I am not a welder but where i used to work i got a chance to play with the tig and i made a few things by welding bits together and building things up with weld and machining them to shape. As said im not a welder and maybe the rods were not suitable but the weld seemed soft to me and i would not have trusted welded suspension components..
All the major components are welded by my mate who is a coded welder.

Tags: