Terminal Problems

Started by Fin, January 28, 2018, 15:33

Fin

I've been having a few issues with the old girl lately: occasional misfire, slightly rough running etc. A couple of days ago, the lights went dim a couple of times as well.
Long story short... When I got home the day before yesterday, she died completely when I switched off. No dash lights, central locking unresponsive, nada   s:( :( s:(  
Once it was daylight, I popped back out with the old 10mm spanner, removed, cleaned and re-fitted the earth terminal on the battery.
It felt secure, but I've had my doubts about it for a while.
End result: feels like I've done a full service, new plugs, filters, the lot!!
I had been reading up on bulk resistors and how useful they might be, and how a battery works in a similar fashion, and had been thinking about checking the terminals for a while...
More of a cautionary tale, for those who are as in-expert as me when it comes to cars. A clean, good connection to the battery is vitally important!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

shnazzle

Earth on the crankshaft sensor is a common cause of issues. It is a pain in the ass to get to. But a removal and good rub of the terminal and mounting point does a world or good
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: