cold air induction kits

Started by alancdavis, February 26, 2005, 20:26

alancdavis

Has any one bought and fit one of the induction kits that are advertised on e bay ( key MR2 Spyder and the world wide search )   I think for 25 dollers plus shipping that this could be a good deal ???
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Personally, I wouldn't touch them. If I've paid the best part of £20,000 for a really nice car, I don't want to be skimping on things for the part of it which makes it go (highly technical term there): usually, you get what you pay for.

I'd much rather splash out and get an Apex'i CAI and know I was buying quality, than take a risk buying something that might turn out to be a load of junk.

Still, it's your cash, and if you wanna be the first to possibly snag yourself a bargain go for it: just remember to give us a full write-up when it's in.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

alancdavis

Good advice,,,,,,,thanks
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

QuoteIf I've paid the best part of £20,000 for a really nice car, I don't want to be skimping on things for the part of it which makes it go (highly technical term there): usually, you get what you pay for.
This is such a good point and it's so true. E-bay knockoffs have been reported to ship without instructions, have brackets that don't align, and if you throw a CEL after installing one, you're on your own. Not having those problems is part of what you buy with more expensive cai's. That said, you can also find these things used and save a lot. Patience can really pay off with certain upgrades.

Tem

Quote from: "ekona"I'd much rather splash out and get an Apex'i CAI and know I was buying quality, than take a risk buying something that might turn out to be a load of junk.

What he said! And it's not all about the price and shininess of the pipes either. You should remember that the most important feature of the filter is to filter. Ask yourself what do you want to get in your engine  s8) 8) s8)

m http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filter ... index.html m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

that claims the Apexi makes a 14BHP gain  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  that cant be true?

can it?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Darth Paul

Quote from: "kanujunkie"that claims the Apexi makes a 14BHP gain  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  that cant be true?

can it?

No, non, nope.

Tem

I'm sure it's true. Just note that the test was done on a TT Supra and every filter gained 13-14hp  s;) ;) s;)

(obviously you won't be getting that much with any filter on a '2)

I just wanted to show you the filtration differences, which that test clearly demonstrates  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: