Windscreen Creak When Top Dpwn.

Started by Pierce, March 13, 2018, 15:54

Pierce

I just posted a question about a rattle from my folded down soft top.To attempt to locate this I removed my hard top and went for a ride over a bumpy road (it was quite nice this afternoon). Could't hear the rattle for the wind noise but my windscreen creaks!!! Holding it stopped the creaking. I think this b..... car is haunted. Any idea of cause of creaking?

Treboeth

Is it the original screen or has it been replaced at some time?

Is it really the screen as the dash can creak/squeak/groan and may need "cushioning.

Call the midlife!

When I first got mine I had a squeaky sound from the passenger side that went away when I pulled on the doorhandle, could never hear it with the top up.
I always thought it was the windscreen but...
There's a small, metal clip in the A pillar seal that the door window shuts to. On mine the plastic coating had worn away and I could hear the side window glass rubbing against it at low speeds round town etc. The roof gave it just that little bit more rigidity so it didn't move around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Pierce

As far as I know it is the original screen.Pulling it towards me when driving stops it,as does having the top up.Will check the clip in the A pillar.

Tags: