Power ranger red

Started by justinread72, March 29, 2018, 21:21

Roj

Awesome thread, don't know how I managed to miss this until now!

K20 is a long term goal for me, so this is a great inspiration. Mega work.

justinread72

Quote from: Roj on June  9, 2021, 09:57Awesome thread, don't know how I managed to miss this until now!

K20 is a long term goal for me, so this is a great inspiration. Mega work.

thanks i will do a update now  its been a while

justinread72

Quote from: iower on June  8, 2021, 12:50Great work and really interested in the mix of parts you've used? Obviously Accord Type-S engine but is it an EP3 gearbox? Engine mounts the upper gearbox bracket from MWR and stock Toyota chassis side, similar for the engine (drivers) side? FN2 manifold fits over the subframe? Also good to know about the driveshafts that can be sleeved easily as these are another, normally expensive, requirement for the swap!

its a ep3 box with a accord final and has a dc5 LSD
engine  mounts are MAP you use all the stock mounts MRW upper for the k24 . anyone doing this dont buy innovate mounts they a  Sh*!
Fn2 manifold needs cutting off and angled up an i used a stainless flange of ebay £30
drive shaft i will be testing let everyone know the feed back

justinread72

quick update

car runs and drives foot brake is epic and K24 power is also Epic interior 99% done

just need to paint front and rear bumper and body kit and i am pretty much done

picture below of when i of picker her up ! and how she will look 

puma2

:) when is the sale 8)  8)

justinread72

So I been away for a while with Work but came home and she is painted and in essence she is done. they are never done I know but the main parts are done!

found a before pic from 2017 !

it has turned out just how i wanted and so pleased.

Topdownman

Congratulations on "finishing"!

The car looks great, I hope we will be seeing you in it at the National event in July?
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

puma2

:) as always what brilliant work has been done :)
hope you your well pleased now till the next bit :))  :))
so when are you going to do this in Yellow  8)  8)

are you keeping this now :) 

justinread72

Quote from: puma2 on February 20, 2022, 08:34:) as always what brilliant work has been done :)
hope you your well pleased now till the next bit :))  :))
so when are you going to this in Yellow  8)  8)

are you keeping this now :) 

LOL well the yellow sold as you know and if i do another project i have 3 in mind !
v6 ek civic
pickup truck drag racer
or cause i work in the Balkans alot there are many merc 190e in good condition and that is bucket list car thinking v8 resto mod, and i have just got a Merc coupe and i love it

Joesson

@justinread72
I've re read your thread and  confirmed my opinion of a job well done, thank you for sharing.
I note that you used Superpro bushes , did you manage to remove the old and refit the new without a press?
With your caliper refurb did you use after market or OE seals?

justinread72

Quote from: Joesson on February 20, 2022, 10:54@justinread72
I've re read your thread and  confirmed my opinion of a job well done, thank you for sharing.
I note that you used Superpro bushes , did you manage to remove the old and refit the new without a press?
With your caliper refurb did you use after market or OE seals?

thanks very much for kind words
i used a press fro the wish bones but all others you dont need a press,
the caliper refurbs are parts from BIG RED used them many times. its not a hard job to do takes longer to clean and paint lol
i am looking at a big brake kit as a future mod

Chilli Girl

Brilliant Justin, I've missed you but so glad the car looks absolutely amazing, well done.  Look forward to seeing you at a meet this year. ;D
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Tags: