Power ranger red

Started by justinread72, March 29, 2018, 21:21

justinread72

Gearbox done lsd with 4.388 final so nice to cruise jay kay found on Facebook is king of all things k series go see him if you want K gearbox stuff

Tcb parts finalised

Going to make a effort to get everything in over next few weeks all  Parts ready for assembly  and  Then have some time off to assemble I really want this running now

justinread72

Not much to report just putting more back on the car brake lines etc

justinread72

Gearbox painted and new oil seal in Jap service parts are amazing worth a look great service and delivery.
 I have sold all the turbo stuff after a good run in my friends k swap it is for sure gona be fast enough with bolt ons I will have 220hp , this also means the build will cost a lot less

Light weight flywheel being resurfaced also just got to keep at it engine in is the goal

justinread72

What is the cost of this? My goal here is to show that these cars are easy to work on and if you have some skill this is all possible I will update a page on the next thread  as and when I get something but for now this is from memory and my eBay account lol

As for the budget there is not one to be honest I was going to turbo but after a trip in a mates k20 swap it is plenty fast enough and I love na sounds and reduces cost a lot and speeds up the build. This is not just a engine swap but a full build as you can see so let's all see how much I can do this for

I had a stunning yellow car see banana car build on here she was stunning but could not justify 2 mr2's So the idea was to sell it to fund the below. And while I had the yellow I did not do much on the red car as you can see from when this started lol

This is all down to Andy a good friend who used to own bonsai cars as he had a accord come up and the rest is history. Sometimes it is down to right place right time

The car pfl red mr2 from local garage they called and said customer wanted to sell as failed mot and Knocking engine £150 yes you heard right 66k and in really good condition just not looked after mechanically or kept clean.
Then the real deal a 03 accord type s k24a3 power £400 i then broke the car and made profit so let's just say on this it broke even easy, the sat nav for example was sold for £250 alone.
Then another mr2 someone wanted rid off paid 450 with a hard top. Sold the car Cheap and had the hardtop so it cost 150 for top and fitting kit.

So for £300 I have have a solid start and with what I sold the yellow for I am in good shape.

I will put it in sections the costs suspension engine etc and who supplied

justinread72

this was the donor car You cannot view this attachment.

justinread72

some engine stuff i did in early lock down
K20 oil pump will rev better and way lighter than the balanced shaft one i took out
sump baffle
Vapour blasting
and a OEM gaskets has to be OEM with honda ! pay the extra always

shnazzle

It's such a tall block isn't it?
...neutiquam erro.

justinread72

Quote from: shnazzle on June 23, 2020, 13:16It's such a tall block isn't it?

It is 19mm taller than a k20 but all ally so not that much different in weight and no roof will be better than stock

jvanzyl

Quote from: justinread72 on May 25, 2020, 17:14
Quote from: shnazzle on May 25, 2020, 16:34
Quote from: justinread72 on May 25, 2020, 16:31My first go with clear coat in a proper spray gun I learnt a lot now let's get the car painted and ready to get the engine in
How did you find spraying with the gun?

What's your setup if I may ask?
Compressor and gun

Just got me a 50l compressor and a vouche gun but it's more about the process. It's time consuming and well worth it. Base and clear is so much better , but lots to learn about prep mixing and how to use the gun   

Hey - can you share which 50L compressor you got in terms of flow rate and HP? I like the idea of getting a 50L if it works well..

justinread72

Quote from: jvanzyl on June 26, 2020, 06:59
Quote from: justinread72 on May 25, 2020, 17:14
Quote from: shnazzle on May 25, 2020, 16:34
Quote from: justinread72 on May 25, 2020, 16:31My first go with clear coat in a proper spray gun I learnt a lot now let's get the car painted and ready to get the engine in
How did you find spraying with the gun?

What's your setup if I may ask?
Compressor and gun

Just got me a 50l compressor and a vouche gun but it's more about the process. It's time consuming and well worth it. Base and clear is so much better , but lots to learn about prep mixing and how to use the gun   

Hey - can you share which 50L compressor you got in terms of flow rate and HP? I like the idea of getting a 50L if it works well..

I got a upright one far better for storage it was off eBay it is a auto jack air50

justinread72

Found my dream wheels on eBay always wanted them but they are so so expensive but these where a deal with tyres well pleased. Long drive but so worth it

Joesson

Just need those centre caps reading Toyonda!

Joesson

@justinread72

I used Toyonda on @Dasilva ' s  thread a few years back. I guess you are aware of the thread/ maybe a bit late to the party but thought I'd mention it as It just came to mind again.

Project TOYONDA K20 Fast Road&Track
Started by Dasilva, October 12, 2014, 18:49

justinread72

Fly wheel machined drive shafts sorted new clutch arrived all good !

justinread72

Mock up the ac and power steering delete kit as it gives more clearance k tuned.

justinread72

Swiftco  came through with epic powerder Coating

justinread72

The rain has gone so back putting things on ! Have you ever spent a day working and it does not look like you done much but that said feel progress being made.

You all know how bad the handbrakes are so I have got a Prius foot brake it has

You cannot view this attachment.

a lot more adjustment and it is a foot brake so I can loose the hand brake and make a kick bumbum interior.

Wire tucked the engine bay so used the brackets from there and mounted fuse boxes in side and is in works so it will look awesome

justinread72

Lots Goodness from paul at TCB cannot recommend him enough.

Super pro best bushes out there fact
Some OEM and Defoe needed a steering UJ it was a mess! And the usual suspension bits

Radiator mounts these Paul said common to fail mine shoot to bits

justinread72

Had this sitting in the loft fo like 2 years so though it better go on lol

As the engine is bigger thought it will help but never had any issues with over heating and I am sure the stock ones are fine but mine was shot to bits

justinread72

So brake Calipers in works paint on the way and big part on its way a ep3 ecu for a great price

Hope to get engine in next weekend that is the plan

justinread72

Calipers came out great

Just one change I got a k tuned alternator relocate kit as thought it would help in space as it sets it low down. Anyway due to the way the bulk head juts out at the bottom it don't fit so it's back to stock but the alternator has been rebuilt so should be ok and I should make money on it as got it cheap so money for the coilovers it will be which is now the biggest ticket item left. I have to say really not much left to get especially engine wise. Hope to get the car in the garage this week due to lots of rain I want the engine in ASAP

justinread72

Been quiet life things but car is now in focus again

Clutch on and gearbox next then in she goes need just a few bits swap loom and immobiliser delete and she will start. Once done then all the suspension on need coilovers but decided on the miester ones.

Rebuilding the Calipers just one left and that's done next week fit all the super pro to bits

Is anyone interested in the build just that not much from you all ? If not will stop posting

Carolyn

Quote from: justinread72 on September  3, 2020, 11:35Been quiet life things but car is now in focus again

Clutch on and gearbox next then in she goes need just a few bits swap loom and immobiliser delete and she will start. Once done then all the suspension on need coilovers but decided on the miester ones.

Rebuilding the Calipers just one left and that's done next week fit all the super pro to bits

Is anyone interested in the build just that not much from you all ? If not will stop posting

No don't stop posting, please
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Alex Knight

Am watching with interest Justin!

Chilli Girl

And me Justin!  Don't forget me, I enjoy reading people's posts.
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Tags: