2ZZ MR-2 P0450 problem - is there a solution?

Started by Matasb, April 10, 2018, 21:41

Matasb

Hi folks,

I finished my 2ZZ swap and the car runs properly. But the last thing that bugs me is this P0450 code that I see.
I used the search function and found some things on the internet. They say that it doesn't harm or restrict anything. Thing is, I won't notice when other engine errors codes occur if I have the Check Engine light already lit (just because that silly P0450).

On my 2001 MR-2 Roadster (LHD, Euro spec) I used:
- 2ZZ-GE from 2005 Corolla T-Sport (UK spec)
- 89666-20081 ECU from 2001 Celica GTS (US spec)
- Knock sensor from same Celica GTS

I saw how someone recommended connecting 2,5v to the ECU connector A4. But that sounds so difficult. Are there any other solutions that can be achieved by using OEM parts? How can I get rid of that EVAP sensor problem? Maybe Euro or UK spec Celica ECU could fix it (as long as it comes with key)?

What is the cheapest/easiest way of getting rid of this P0450 problem?

shnazzle

Ecu wants to see an input for the tank pressure sensor, but isn't getting it or not getting enough of it. Only way is to give it what it wants.

So either it's all wired up correctly and your tank pressure sensor is duff, or there's a wiring (most likely earthing) issue that needs resolving

A quick google shows that there might be a missing ground wire from the sensor (on the fuel tank) to pin C18 (earth E2). Via the splice behind the fuse box in the engine bay.
It's a brown wire.
...neutiquam erro.

8thumpers

Quote from: Matasb on April 10, 2018, 21:41
Hi folks,

I finished my 2ZZ swap and the car runs properly. But the last thing that bugs me is this P0450 code that I see.
I used the search function and found some things on the internet. They say that it doesn't harm or restrict anything. Thing is, I won't notice when other engine errors codes occur if I have the Check Engine light already lit (just because that silly P0450).

On my 2001 MR-2 Roadster (LHD, Euro spec) I used:
- 2ZZ-GE from 2005 Corolla T-Sport (UK spec)
- 89666-20081 ECU from 2001 Celica GTS (US spec)
- Knock sensor from same Celica GTS

I saw how someone recommended connecting 2,5v to the ECU connector A4. But that sounds so difficult. Are there any other solutions that can be achieved by using OEM parts? How can I get rid of that EVAP sensor problem? Maybe Euro or UK spec Celica ECU could fix it (as long as it comes with key)?

What is the cheapest/easiest way of getting rid of this P0450 problem?
Stick a V8 in it! Lol
Ok... not cheap, or easy [emoji23]🤣

Tags: