Yet ANOTHER pre-cat question....

Started by THEMOSS, March 5, 2005, 14:38

THEMOSS

Folks,

Was cleaning my car the other day. I noticed a white kind of 'dust' around the inside tip of the exhaust pipe. Cleaned it off. Now it's back. I'm worried!   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

I've done all the pre-cat searches on the fourm, and a couple mention white residue around the exhaust. I've checked the oil again which doesn't seem too bad but obviously i'm now paranoid. I can't remove the precats myself (don't even go there). Will a 'normal' garage do it? The car's in for service very soon, would Toyota do it?

Gutted that i couldn't make the pre-cat meet a while back (if you pardon the pun). Cheers for any help.....
Lotus Elise Sport 160

Slacey

It may at this time of the year just be road salt - I also got this white stuff on the exhaust, and my precats went long ago!
Get the dealer to check them anyway if they will.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

THEMOSS

Cheers Sean,

I did suspect that it may be the salt/grit, and having just come back from a 20min run it hasn't reappeared. I think it's just the usual worries, it's a few years old now, 47k on the clock etc. The cars going in this month for service so i'm gonna ask them to take a look.
Lotus Elise Sport 160

kanujunkie

try tasting it! you'll soon know if it's salt
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"try tasting it! you'll soon know if it's salt

Im sure this would work but it did make me laugh   s:D :D s:D

Slacey

I did  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

THEMOSS

That's all well and good, but what do bits of pre-cat taste like?!!!  s:P :P s:P
Lotus Elise Sport 160

Slacey

Quote from: "THEMOSS"That's all well and good, but what do bits of pre-cat taste like?!!!  s:P :P s:P
Like chicken of course!

Anonymous

Quote from: "THEMOSS"That's all well and good, but what do bits of pre-cat taste like?!!!  s:P :P s:P

Like lots of poisonous stuff you really don't want to eat.

kanujunkie

i wouldn't worry too much, we all pump our bodies with loads of rubbish everday, surprised we dont glow in the dark already.  s:? :? s:?  

and i said taste, not eat!

chicken  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

roger

You experts will be able to confirm for me, but doesn't black inside the exhaust point to too rich a mixture, white to too lean??

I am sure it did 30 years ago when there were no such things as ECUs.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: