More Painting

Started by Brizee67, May 25, 2018, 21:45

Brizee67

Having had some issues with buying 2k paint from my local supplier I decided to buy some off fleabay. I needed to test the paint before committing to a body panel so I thought I'd have a quick play and so I've painted the side panels by the radio.

A nice little upgrade. Don't worry I'm not going to go crazy and paint everything. Apart from some piping on the mats; I don't know that I'll introduce any more red into my interior. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StuC

How about adding the centre heater (fan) knob in red and then a little accent on the door? Piping on the insert perhaps? Would match your idea of piping on the mats nicely.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Brizee67

Quote from: StuC on May 26, 2018, 01:38
How about adding the centre heater (fan) knob in red and then a little accent on the door? Piping on the insert perhaps? Would match your idea of piping on the mats nicely.
Mmm....food for thought. I want to get the balance right...the sort of look I'm after is what Toyota would do had they actually taken the time to design the interior...what I don't want is a sea of red that can look tacky in my personal opinion.
I love that we have options...I've never once wanted to update the interior in any of my other cars [emoji4]

StuC

Quote from: Brizee67 on May 26, 2018, 15:29
the sort of look I'm after is what Toyota would do had they actually taken the time to design the interior...

You are already on that path in my mind fella, as you are talking about highlights.

Treboeth

Quote from: StuC on May 26, 2018, 15:59
the sort of look I'm after is what Toyota would do had they actually taken the time to design the interior...

You are already on that path in my mind fella, as you are talking about highlights.

Did you quote the wrong line  :-\

"what I want is a sea of red that can look tacky"  ;)

StuC

Quote from: Treboeth on May 26, 2018, 22:51
Quote from: StuC on May 26, 2018, 15:59

Did you quote the wrong line  :-\

"what I want is a sea of red that can look tacky"  ;)

On form today Stew! Lol.

wotugonado

Red edition steering wheel perhaps ?
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Brizee67

Quote from: wotugonado on May 27, 2018, 14:01
Red edition steering wheel perhaps ?
Any pics?

wotugonado

@Brizee67

There's one on eBay at the mo starting at £20
If you were interested.

Ozzy

Awesome finish.

Did you wetsand and buff it to get it smooth?

Brizee67

Quote from: wotugonado on May 27, 2018, 17:09
@Brizee67

There's one on eBay at the mo starting at £20
If you were interested.
Where is this? I looked...I didn't see this [emoji17]

Brizee67

Quote from: ossy on May 27, 2018, 18:16
Awesome finish.

Did you wetsand and buff it to get it smooth?
No wet sanding, just a straight from the gun finish...I'm pleasantly surprised tbh

wotugonado

@Brizee67

It's such a bright colour don't know how you missed it  ;)

Copy and paste that into eBay, I do draw the line at paying for it though, so don't come with the old "can't find my credit card " routine

Brizee67

Quote from: wotugonado on May 27, 2018, 20:35
@Brizee67

It's such a bright colour don't know how you missed it  ;)

Copy and paste that into eBay, I do draw the line at paying for it though, so don't come with the old "can't find my credit card " routine
Yay...found it...I have been searching and I couldn't find it earlier.
So looking at the pictures is this a standard steering wheel that's just been painted?? Do the Red edition steering wheels actually use red leather??
If they're just painted...I'm guessing I could just paint mine ??

wotugonado

It will be dyed red I expect, as the red edition has other touches such as red leather seats and red roof.

Treboeth

Dyed red, Bryan S on the FB page did a few last year, maybe he would let you know which eye he used.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Brizee67

Quote from: Treboeth on May 27, 2018, 21:56
Dyed red, Bryan S on the FB page did a few last year, maybe he would let you know which eye he used.

I have used dye on my current steering wheel to refurbish it, but didn't think about applying any red dye. I think I might actually have some red dye...I'm tempted to give it a go [emoji846]

Treboeth

That wheel looks mint in black [emoji846]

I think Mr Sloan may have done a wheel as well, he's definitely returned a few seats.

Tags: