Turbo to be PFL 2000 - long term

Started by Nvy, June 21, 2018, 15:02

Nvy

So let me start with a little bit of information. :)

I have always been into cars but money and other reasons did not allow me to have driving license when i was 18 so i got my license fairly late - 27. I have a daily driver tractor Civic thats heavily modified and last September i have decided to get myself a project car that im going to learn and drive on the track. This is my first rear wheel mid engine car. I knew that these cars can be a bit dangerous but im so used to front wheel drive that i wasnt careful enough and spun on the road last December destroying all the wheels and the suspension in the process. Now with your help and a breaker im fixing what was broken and will prepare it for track in NA form.

The car is stock with 2008 year engine clocking around 53k miles, has TTE suspension and TTE exhaust and its coming with a really fat book of history.

Things done:
1. Oil change.
2. Water pump.
3. Belt.
4. Shifter bushings.
5. Other fluids check.
6. Already spun it on the road :(

Plans for now:
1. Wheels - bought Watanabe Rs8 wheels quite rare in my book, need refurb. Also called Banana wheels <3
2. Shoes for the wheels - Advan AD08r
3. Decat manifold - i scored a really nice Toyosport manifold for 50 quids.
4. UJ.
5. O2 censors, i got 2x nearly new manifold ones.
6. CDA box with stock maf adapter.
7. Front and rear strut braces plus FL front one.
8. Try to drive it, i got scared the last time when i spun and hit the curb at 60 km/h
9. Repaint it, the last owner didnt take good care so the paint is meh.

Everything is purchased, just needs to get here :D

Future plans:
1. Full roll cage with hardtop fitted.
2. New lighter seats.
3. Fiberglass engine lid with inlets in rally style for more cooling plus some rear bumper mods so the air can go out.
4. Fiberglass vented hood.
5. No spare tire/tools.
6. Bent back rad and a duct so the air can exit from the hood to provide down force and reduce lift. Lotus style.
7. Big bumbum wing mounted to the chassis.
8. Flat under body and rear diffuser.
9. Wider tires and flares.
10. KW/MiesterR coils.
11. More bracing from Corky and some whiteline rollbars.

Long term goal:
1. Built 1zz with EFR 6758/7163 shooting for 350 wheel hp with methanol injection and 100 octane pump gas. Going to have all the bells and whistles like water to air, standalone, etc, etc.
2. Light as possible, maybe 900-950 kg fully loaded.

Ill get some pics up later and most likely i missed something in the plan.

mr2turboguy

Nice one. I've got a 2000 PFL that I'm going to turbo. Looking forward to seeing how you go about it.
MR2 ROADSTER TURBO @ 205HP
Meister R Coilovers, Black Dials, Rota Wheels, AEM Boost Gauge, Custom Pillar Pod, Garrett GT2860RS turbo, AEM Meth injection, EMU Black ECU.

Tags: