my 2002 MR2 Roadster

Started by james wilkinson, September 3, 2018, 16:03

james wilkinson

17 inch wheels , front   TYRE 205 /40R17 , back TYRE 215/40R17 ,   stainless steel roll bars , FRONT REAR DRILLED & GROOVED BRAKE DISCS , ALUMINUM SILVER INTERIOR DASH TRIM KIT , ZunSport Toyota Polished Steel Mesh Complete Grille Set,  Roadster Sill Protectors / Kick plates,  blue  interior change,  body kit fitted with spoiler , twin exhaust fitted,  a few pounds spent on it

james wilkinson

Quote from: james wilkinson on September  3, 2018, 16:03
17 inch wheels , front   TYRE 205 /40R17 , back TYRE 215/40R17 ,   stainless steel roll bars , FRONT REAR DRILLED & GROOVED BRAKE DISCS , ALUMINUM SILVER INTERIOR DASH TRIM KIT , ZunSport Toyota Polished Steel Mesh Complete Grille Set,  Roadster Sill Protectors / Kick plates,  blue  interior change,  body kit fitted with spoiler , twin exhaust fitted,  a few pounds spent on it
in   picture   3  put indicator light on  so I can see them not leave them on put facelift back lights and front lights on. would like a few comments or likes or dislikes doesn't matter just tell the truth james

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

delhusband

Lost count of the number of times I've left indicators on, think I need one of those lights! Lot of time and love gone into your car. Who made the seat covers? And are they retrimmed stock seats, or celica/other?
Hate pointy animals

james wilkinson

Quote from: delhusband on September  4, 2018, 22:17
Lost count of the number of times I've left indicators on, think I need one of those lights! Lot of time and love gone into your car. Who made the seat covers? And are they retrimmed stock seats, or celica/other?
indicator lights  £4 off ebay , seats retrimmed

m1tch

I am slightly unsure with the alloys, but then again I am used to seeing smaller wheels on the MR2 to keep the weight down for handling etc.

What are your goals for the car? Have you done all the mods yourself? The kit suits the car and I also like the subtle tweaks and mods you have also done to make it slightly different.

james wilkinson

done mostly mods myself ,  I like the alloys but all down to  what you like , I'm  thinking of paint the alloys black or just leave them what you think, I would like to give it more power but all down to money , I would like  a  hardtop blue then again   have to wait till I save up

K T M Rider

Car isn't to my taste (so I'm maybe not the best judge) but I had the same thought about the wheels. Interior is very much a personal taste thing.

Front / Rear you've obviously gone for quite an aggressive look and I reckon that on the whole you've achieved it without overdoing it.

Sideview is less successful IMHO and after a bit of thought it was the wheels that stood out for me. They'd definitely look alot better black to my eyes (as would a body colour filler flap - though at least it's not a chrome ringed one  :) ) but if you can stretch to it there's a choice of 3 sets of wheels in the private sales section right now, all of which look good on a 2  ;)
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

james wilkinson

everybody's got different tastes and different opinions , thank you for yours , still unsure about the wheels  but I probably will change them  black sometime

james wilkinson

Quote from: james wilkinson on September 12, 2018, 11:00
everybody's got different tastes and different opinions , thank you for yours , still unsure about the wheels  but I probably will change them  black sometime
do you  think the  wheels look better yes or no

Call the midlife!

Look better in black. Since you're asking.[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Chilli Girl

Yes definitely better in black, matches the skirts, spoiler and engine vents.  Result! :)
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

delhusband

Quote from: james wilkinson on September 22, 2018, 22:35
I think it actually looks really good. I like that no two 2's are the same. I like that everyone wants to put their personal touch on their car. I really don't wish to offend (I've had too much beer.) But I'd really urge you to take it on a track day with instruction. Not within everyone's budget, fair enough, but maybe if freinds/family chip in with birthday tokens, then... Soon, you won't care so much about how other people think it looks. There's far more to this car when you understand what it's capable of. And for such an incredibly reasonable price. Black, red, silver, yellow, green... Go for it. Make it yours. But drive it. Drive it in the sun. Drive it in the rain (with the hood down). Wash it. Tweak it. Put your stamp on it. But most of all just enjoy it. Who cares what anyone thinks? It's perfect!
Hate pointy animals

Chilli Girl

Hangover this morning, Derek? ;)
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

delhusband

Hate pointy animals

james wilkinson

thank you for your feedback I don't think I'm    confident  for the take  on track
Quote from: delhusband on September 22, 2018, 23:38
Quote from: james wilkinson on September 22, 2018, 22:35
I think it actually looks really good. I like that no two 2's are the same. I like that everyone wants to put their personal touch on their car. I really don't wish to offend (I've had too much beer.) But I'd really urge you to take it on a track day with instruction. Not within everyone's budget, fair enough, but maybe if freinds/family chip in with birthday tokens, then... Soon, you won't care so much about how other people think it looks. There's far more to this car when you understand what it's capable of. And for such an incredibly reasonable price. Black, red, silver, yellow, green... Go for it. Make it yours. But drive it. Drive it in the sun. Drive it in the rain (with the hood down). Wash it. Tweak it. Put your stamp on it. But most of all just enjoy it. Who cares what anyone thinks? It's perfect!

Ozzy

That looks much better mate with the satin black wheels.

No offence, your car an all, but I think it would look better if the chrome mesh bits were in black and for more mod ideas maybe you could debadge the rear and tint the lights to go with the theme. I edited a quick pic for you to get an idea.

K T M Rider

Quote from: ossy on September 24, 2018, 01:48
That looks much better mate with the satin black wheels.

No offence, your car an all, but I think it would look better if the chrome mesh bits were in black and for more mod ideas maybe you could debadge the rear and tint the lights to go with the theme. I edited a quick pic for you to get an idea.

And I think that would look worse  :)

I think doing the wheels black was an easy win, but like Del says, it's maybe time to not care what anyone else thinks, declare your car fully (cosmetically) modded. and start thinking more about other aspects of the ownership experience.

Was wondering what make of tyres you are running.......
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

james wilkinson

budget tyres    NANKANG ULTRA SPORT NS-2 87V TYRE  , I think I'll just leave the back of the way it is ,  thinking about putting lower springs on it  probably next year , has anybody done it is it a good idea or not :P

Joesson

Quote from: james wilkinson on September 25, 2018, 14:11
    budget tyres    NANKANG ULTRA SPORT NS-2 87V TYRE  , I think I'll just leave the back of the way it is , thinking about putting lower springs on it  probably next year , has anybody done it is it a good idea or not :P

Is the Pope a Catholic?

james wilkinson

I didn't know that  you learn something every day :P :o

Tags: