Apexi Power Intake

Started by Anonymous, March 18, 2005, 13:14

Anonymous

I've just fitted an Apexi power intake, and from first impressions i love it! Its going on the rolling road next satudays so i'll let you know the outcome

rtbiscuit

i'm looking at developing a carbon fibre box for the apexi, to heat sheild and feedit cold air.

if any one has any info on carbon fibering please let me know.

my main question is if i was to take a flower pot shape as a hyperthetical mould. to i lay the CB into the flower pot, or over the outside.

just need to know before i go and make the mould so i can adjust the measurements to fit.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

xdesign

I thought about doing the same thing, but from what I know now, it's not worth it.

If you have a filter behind the battery and a tube getting air from the side vent, you'll have cold air anytime. No need to spend time and money on carbon.

rtbiscuit

just fitted the apexi, tighter than a fat man in speedos,

my initial plans for a completly enclosed system seems improbable,

but i am a creative genius, and have some tricks up my sleeve. may need to move a heat shield and see what space i have then, and toy with feeding from the side and not directly to the top centre.

nothings impossible, just need some thinking time. and a redesign before i make the mould.

Previous cars:

northernalex

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"just fitted the apexi, tighter than a fat man in speedos,

my initial plans for a completly enclosed system seems improbable,

but i am a creative genius, and have some tricks up my sleeve. may need to move a heat shield and see what space i have then, and toy with feeding from the side and not directly to the top centre.

nothings impossible, just need some thinking time. and a redesign before i make the mould.

noticed any improvements at all?
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

rtbiscuit

revs are slightly more revvy,

little more noise, if i'm honest its difficult to notice with the h&S on.

give me a week to let it bed down, and i get back to you.

the reason i got it was to develop the heat shield. it may end up being a partial shield with air feed.

or a funky shape to incorporate the fit.

if pretty sure i can work something out, and i have some pretty wild ideas already floating while i was fitting.

if i do develop one, you have first dibs on the list if you choose to go that way, especially as i will probably make them in small batches of one or 2 as time is a constraint at the mo. until the summer six weeks off to make what ever i like.

Previous cars:

northernalex

sounds good to me ...  s:) :) s:)  Emanage still hasnt arived though!  s:( :( s:(

Yeah those H+S exhausts are loud arnt they  s:) :) s:)   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

aaronjb

Bumping an old thread  s;) ;) s;)

Just finished the first-fit of my shiny new (secondhand) Apexi intake - I say first fit because I need to re-fit it again later now I've figured out where the heck all the brackets go  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Went out for a quick blat though - wow that makes a nice sound!  I expected a decent noise (having had cone filters on a few other cars), but with it so close to your head.. mmmmmmmm, dribblicious!

I seem to have gained a slight hesitation when I hit the throttle though - although that could be an air leak, as the o-ring on my MAF had split (it was always way too large, must have got caught last time I cleaned the MAF)  s:( :( s:(   Time to order a job lot of different sizes, I think, as the Nissan goes through them too.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I have finally (after 3 months of waiting) got and fitted my Apexi Power Intake. All i can say is it sounds amazing!  s:D :D s:D  

However like Aaron i am suffereing from hesitation when i floor the throttle, almost like flat spots. I dont think it is my MAF sensor thought as was suggested. I might try an ECU reset see if that changes anything. I cant stop smiling at the noise it makes though! simply awesome  s:D :D s:D    s8) 8) s8)

aaronjb

Interestingly enough, after a couple of days running around my flat spots have basically gone...
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I have noticed that they seem to be worse when the engine is cold, but if yours have gone Aaron, i will just leave it for the ecu to learn the new values and see how it goes.

red_leicester

Always worth an ECU reset after any changes like this I think.
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Tags: