Rear Trailing Arm Bush Replacement

Started by Alex Knight, November 19, 2018, 18:02

Alex Knight

Hi all,

My rear trailing arm bushes are goosed.

Looking here: https://www.polybush.co.uk/shop/toyota/mr2-roadster?attr=2%7C2002

It looks like I need x2 7T and x2 7U bushes - which is coming in at £148 including VAT.

Has anyone come across any other, more cost effective solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Call the midlife!

Pair of Hardrace arms are probably around £150 with pillowball joints, never need bushes again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

furbern

Superpro do kits for the Spyder; some people think they seem to last better than polybush on Land Rovers. Bram Racing supplied me some LR superpro at a very reasonable cost, and I think they do them for all makes.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: furbern on November 19, 2018, 18:51
Superpro do kits for the Spyder; some people think they seem to last better than polybush on Land Rovers. Bram Racing supplied me some LR superpro at a very reasonable cost, and I think they do them for all makes.
Slightly off topic so any quick answer will do but have you had any alignment work done at Bram?

dan944

Sorry...possibly me being an idiot. Is it not in the region of £60 odd

They come in pairs.

Side note, I think I have a brand new set of 7U in the garage. I have hardrace arms instead.
"I swear mum I did try and sell the roadster"

Silver mr2 2003 FL. Custom Turbo build 209whp. Lots of handling mods.

Honda CR-V The Work Horse

dan944

Cancel. I can't find them so think they may have been 7Qs
"I swear mum I did try and sell the roadster"

Silver mr2 2003 FL. Custom Turbo build 209whp. Lots of handling mods.

Honda CR-V The Work Horse

Alex Knight

Quote from: Call the midlife! on November 19, 2018, 18:11
Pair of Hardrace arms are probably around £150 with pillowball joints, never need bushes again.

Thanks. What are they like for NVH? I drive the car on the road to trackdays, and I don't want me teeth rattled out!

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Alex Knight on November 20, 2018, 08:14
Quote from: Call the midlife! on November 19, 2018, 18:11

Thanks. What are they like for NVH? I drive the car on the road to trackdays, and I don't want me teeth rattled out!
I've got them on mine together with fairly stiff Meisters but ending up with T1rs so a little bit of squidge there but they're very bearable, even on some of the single track lanes we drive gently along.

Alex Knight

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I have just spoken to Polybush. The bushes come in pairs of two, ie: bushes will be supplied for LHS and RHS arms.
I assumed that the bushes came for one arm only.

This basically means that it's half the original cost I thought it would be.

I'm going to get bushes instead of hardrace arms - so I'll be ordering x1 7T bush kit and x1 7U bush kit:

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Alex Knight on November 20, 2018, 16:20
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I have just spoken to Polybush. The bushes come in pairs of two, ie: bushes will be supplied for LHS and RHS arms.
I assumed that the bushes came for one arm only.

This basically means that it's half the original cost I thought it would be.

I'm going to get bushes instead of hardrace arms - so I'll be ordering x1 7T bush kit and x1 7U bush kit:

Squidgy...

furbern

Quote from: Call the midlife! on November 19, 2018, 19:00
Quote from: furbern on November 19, 2018, 18:51
Slightly off topic so any quick answer will do but have you had any alignment work done at Bram?

Sorry I have only bought bits from them mailorder - they were very helpful then though.

Tags: