Southern Belle

Started by Petrus, December 19, 2018, 19:35

Petrus

Quote from: Gibla on April  7, 2024, 20:55as an added bonus the car should sound better also

In this case it will not make a difference in sound BUT... it will also benefit any car with OEM inlet. If... it pans out of course  :))

Petrus

Fitted the door thingies and looked at the route for a possible air duct. 

Petrus

120 cm of 70 mm diameter Tygerix tube ordered @J88TEO . Should have ordered a week ago but you do not know what you do not know. It is arriving Monday but Friday in surgery and out of the spannering for >2 months  :'(

Ardent

Supervise someone else.

Petrus

Quote from: Ardent on April  8, 2024, 20:20Supervise someone else.

for one the fun for me is mostly in the hands on doíng
secondly can´t drive anyhow  :'(
going to be rather a challenge that  ::)  Not so much the not driving itself but the resulting complications in relation management. With the ti hip it worked out great but the shoulder rebuild is quite a different issue  :o

Ardent

inigopete

Good luck with the surgery. I've had a titanium plate in my collarbone, it did the job of holding the bits in place but it wasn't fun. I was very glad to have it removed. (But a bit disappointed I want allowed to keep the plate afterwards!)

Petrus

Quote from: inigopete on April  8, 2024, 22:15Good luck with the surgery. I've had a titanium plate in my collarbone, it did the job of holding the bits in place but it wasn't fun. I was very glad to have it removed. (But a bit disappointed I want allowed to keep the plate afterwards!)

Thanks. Can imagine you wanted the bit  :))
Mine´s a bit unfun and am quite unsettled about it. To add insult to the injury there are no fun mitellas  :o  If I am to be stuck in one for possibly over two months I want a Hello Kitty mitella!!  >:D

Joesson

@inigopete
I can imagine that in a "Trophy" cabinet, not many would lust after it though.

Joesson

@Petrus
Hope all goes well with the surgery and the recovery!

jvanzyl

Best of luck with the surgery @Petrus !

inigopete

Quote from: Petrus on April  9, 2024, 08:49Thanks. Can imagine you wanted the bit  :))
Mine´s a bit unfun and am quite unsettled about it. To add insult to the injury there are no fun mitellas  :o  If I am to be stuck in one for possibly over two months I want a Hello Kitty mitella!!  >:D

I wanted to make a headtube badge for my bike out of it!

Yeah, my sling (mitella) was cumbersome but I found after a couple of weeks that I didn't really need it. The plate was holding the bone together, I tended to wear the sling mainly to remind myself not to use that arm. Or to remind others to give me a bit of space on that side.

Maybe you need to get in touch with this seller... ;)
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/262518373/hello-kitty-arm-sling-three-styles-child?show_sold_out_detail=1&ref=nla_listing_details

Petrus

Thanks for the link. Maybe for a bit further on. I sure have saved the link!!!
The first month at least will be in one complete with sort of velcro-ed corset incl. both shoulders and torso. So have I think two dozen of different iron/sew on patches on their way. If that would take till Monday it will be soon enough. Dó want at least two of those horrid constraints so they can be washed OFTEN and thus the ladies can embellish them as they fit.

You may have had a lucky escape with the titanium because it is absolutely horrid stuff to work with unless you have access to the right tools.

Petrus

Back from a spin. Beejeezus  :o  she is lightweight!!! Good thing it is stunningly good weather as I was having fun sliding the AD08RSs  O:-)

My apologies for being not much of a photographer but still want to share the view from my parking lot when about to leave. Driving about hereabouts with my itsiebisie makes me smile. Ah did remember to smear the factor 50 on the schnozzle as it is UV8 today  8) and the plexi stops non of that whatsoevvah.

Petrus

Today went for another HIGHLY enjoyable sunny ride. Warmed her up going for an errant in the village. Lóts of enthusiast waves and the cashier had seen me yesterday: ´your´s is the  8)  one with the spoiler no?!´ he volunteered.

Tanked her nearly up and parked under roof disconnected the battery. Dust cover over and... till later girl.

Ardent

Both happy and sad at the same time.

Time to focus on YOU.

Joesson

@Petrus said:

You may have had a lucky escape with the titanium because it is absolutely horrid stuff to work with unless you have access to the right tools.

I very much agree, hopefully your surgeons will be well prepared.

Petrus

Quote from: Joesson on April 10, 2024, 21:03@Petrus said:

I very much agree, hopefully your surgeons will be well prepared.

That went a bit different, as usual  ::)
There were THRÉÉ surgeons and a consort of assistants/onlookers.
The operation took several hours and was tricky apparently. The titánium feels ok though.

A lady friend is picking me up for coffee at my local. We will make a selection from the bag of Panda and HelloKitty patches for on the sling  :))

Joesson

Quote from: Petrus on April 16, 2024, 07:37That went a bit different, as usual  ::)
There were THRÉÉ surgeons and a consort of assistants/onlookers.
The operation took several hours and was tricky apparently. The titánium feels ok though.

A lady friend is picking me up for coffee at my local. We will make a selection from the bag of Panda and HelloKitty patches for on the sling :))

That's the start of your Occupational Therapy then!
Hope all continues going well.

jvanzyl

glad you're out of it - look forward to a swift recovery!

Petrus

Quote from: Joesson on April 16, 2024, 08:02That's the start of your Occupational Therapy then!
Hope all continues going well.

:))  :))  :))

... and back at the farm. She, WRX Girl, is off with the patches and the inlet duct is in too. Mountain Girl wants to go out and have tapas lunch on sunny Venta Talillas terrace. Elda (Gutsy Guaraní Girl) hopes to see me Thursday. ´If she wants to stay the weekend, she´s/ you´re welcome at my place´ says WRX Girl.

Occupational ´recovery´ is hard work @Joesson  ;)

Thanks @jvanzyl

Petrus

the mitella mod. is sure to improve recovery

Ardent

Titanium straw?  ;)

Looking well.

Jack-a-mo?

Petrus

It´s´mate´(kaa´y in Guaraní):The ´cup´ is leather clad calabaza with alpaca rim. The straw an alpaca/steel strainer.

Yes, recovery is going silly good; enjoying being véry well looked after by three lovely women. Today was out at the coast with Joy and Elda;

La vida es bella  8)

Petrus

The box with TRD sc kit has been dug out and seller is cleaning up/organising bits.

Doing the home work  is a bit of a challenge as all of the older info on it on Spyderchat has been erased from cyberspace. A real pity as that was very detailed first hand on the MR2.

Tags: