Windscreen washer jets

Started by nimrod, January 21, 2019, 08:47

nimrod

All 4 work but the drivers side jet is a bit low, I tried to adjust with a pin but the pin bent as though the jets are fixed, if that's the case it could be partially blocked, it looks as though they are tricky to remove, I have tried to clear with a cable tie that I just burnt the coating off with.

Brizee67

Now apparently the jets are adjustable but in my experience I've not managed it yet.
They are surprisingly easy to remove...my replacement one still needs adjusting as I noticed only this morning but I won't be surprised if it bends a pin when I do attempt to reposition it [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davey P

I had an MX5 years ago (don't worry, I'm all better now, lol) and one of the modifications I did was replace the washer jets with a pair from a Peugeot (I think it was a 307 or 308).  They were about twice the size of a standard washer jet, and they sprayed a fine mist instead of 2 pathetic dribbles of water - Very cool, and the added advantage was they didn't need any adjustment because the jets were fixed IIRC.  I don't know if anyone on here has done anything similar?  It's definitely a mod I'd consider doing again anyway.

Treboeth

Quote from: Davey P on January 21, 2019, 09:35
I had an mx-engineinwrongplace  years ago (don't worry, I'm all better now, lol) and one of the modifications I did was replace the washer jets with a pair from a Peugeot (I think it was a 307 or 308).  They were about twice the size of a standard washer jet, and they sprayed a fine mist instead of 2 pathetic dribbles of water - Very cool, and the added advantage was they didn't need any adjustment because the jets were fixed IIRC.  I don't know if anyone on here has done anything similar?  It's definitely a mod I'd consider doing again anyway.

https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=43005.0
Page 3 has the 307 mentioned as a suitable donor  ;)

shnazzle

Quote from: Treboeth on January 21, 2019, 10:11
Quote from: Davey P on January 21, 2019, 09:35
I had an mx-engineinwrongplace  years ago (don't worry, I'm all better now, lol) and one of the modifications I did was replace the washer jets with a pair from a Peugeot (I think it was a 307 or 308).  They were about twice the size of a standard washer jet, and they sprayed a fine mist instead of 2 pathetic dribbles of water - Very cool, and the added advantage was they didn't need any adjustment because the jets were fixed IIRC.  I don't know if anyone on here has done anything similar?  It's definitely a mod I'd consider doing again anyway.

https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=43005.0
Page 3 has the 307 mentioned as a suitable donor  ;)
Ah good times. My very first mr2 "mod".
Failed miserably
...neutiquam erro.

nimrod

Not windscreen washer jet related, my heater does not seem to blow out like it used to, is there a filter that needs cleaning?

Treboeth

I think that would be either air in the cooling system or a leaky radiator possibly.

Any wet patches under the car (apart from the rain  ;) )

Topdownman

Just read all that old thread to see what washer jets fit to give a better spread only to find that someone tore the last page out of the novel!

Did no one find a suitable donor car at all?

Would have been a nice little line for the club shop to sell so if any one does find the answer, maybe not post it up but tell Stew instead....
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

steveash

I'm fairly sure the ones on my lexus (RX400h) will be the same fit. Thy look very similar just 1 or 2 mm taller and give a goos fan of spray. The pump may be more powerful mind. If I wasn't about to go away for 4 weeks I would take them apart to check...

Tags: