Tte turbo

Started by wotugonado, March 24, 2019, 17:25

wotugonado

Quote from: Chilli Girl on May 22, 2021, 12:02Honda Civics? - I used to like you ;)  ;D
Ha I'm sure in a proper drivers capable hands they're awesome cars -back peddles rapidly-

---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

wotugonado

Quote from: Petrus on May 22, 2021, 12:16
Quote from: wotugonado on May 22, 2021, 11:49
Quote from: Petrus on May 22, 2021, 09:25Wishing you fun with whatever you find which doés provide that.

Thanks, no clue what that maybe but perhaps I'll be inspired at some point. Saying that I've fell down the rabbit hole of mountain biking the past week.... Ticks the list for having wheels and the Potential for modding

Mwah, same problem; too busy, too much a-holes and added to that motorists.
I have half a dozen of bicycles and live in mostly empty quarter and stíll avoid weekends/holidays.
Modding is best reduced to adding lighness. Sorry.

Now, do as you want ofcourse.

Mý primary hobby is charming company. OEM STRÓNGLY preferred. I guarantee it is fun, will keep you busy and on you toes like nothing else. Reasonably fit too :-)

Yeah it would be proper mountain biking, road cycling looks annoying for everyone involved

Petrus

Quote from: wotugonado on May 22, 2021, 12:31Yeah it would be proper mountain biking, road cycling looks annoying for everyone involved

I live in the mountains, the farm access is ON the network of caminos and stíll one cannot avoid black top :(
Worse still, in weekend/holidays the dirt roads/tracks are invaded by walkers :-((
I ride out almost exclusively weekday morning.
Oh and if you go dirtbike; hardtail is só much more flexible in use as are 27" wheels. I know 29" and full suspension are in vogue but vogue all it is.

wotugonado

@Petrus

Yeah it was hard tail bikes I was looking at, off I go down the rabbit hole of wheel sizes now.... Thanks :)

Petrus

Quote from: wotugonado on May 22, 2021, 15:07down the rabbit hole of wheel sizes now.... Thanks :)

Basically the same as with the MR2. OEM size or larger diameter.

The 29" do have the advantage of being a bit easier over holes but they are heavier over bumps and notably more cumbersome but.... it is against ´common knowledge´. Like largere rims, wider rubber on cars.

Enjoy!

Gibla

Quote from: wotugonado on May 22, 2021, 15:07@Petrus

Yeah it was hard tail bikes I was looking at, off I go down the rabbit hole of wheel sizes now.... Thanks :)

Forgive my (possibly unwanted ) intrusion I am not trying to sell you anything.....but it just so happens I have a 2015 version of these Cube full sussers https://www.cube.eu/en/2021/e-bikes/mountainbike/fullsuspension/stereo-hybrid-140/ < mine features the Bosch system with up to 3:1 'boost' + all in all really very good imo 
stock 2001 Dark Green MR-S (6R4)
stock 2004 Black - repurchased from guy who bought yellow 'un

Petrus

Quote from: Gibla on May 22, 2021, 17:35-hybrid-140/ < mine features the Bosch system with up to 3:1 'boost' + all in all really very good imo 

But that is moped. An electric one, but a moped nonetheless.

Gibla

Quote from: Petrus on May 22, 2021, 17:58But that is moped

correction :- a pedelec

you have to pedal, it isn't a twist grip as per moped

its just that you think you have the legs of someone from Le Tour, Vuelta, Giro ...take your pick

Gibla

pedelec :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedelec
moped : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moped

Quite a few similarities, but key difference is that the only motive power with a pedelec originates with the user pedalling away at the crank and that may or may not be assisted with an electric motor. A moped does have pedals that the user can use if so desired but the motive power is via the petrol engine.

Petrus

Quote from: Gibla on May 22, 2021, 18:18pedelec :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedelec
moped : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moped

Quite a few similarities, but key difference is that the only motive power with a pedelec originates with the user pedalling away at the crank and that may or may not be assisted with an electric motor. A moped does have pedals that the user can use if so desired but the motive power is via the petrol engine.

As long as the pedals are moved, the e-motor propels; an electric moped it is.

Gibla

Quote from: Petrus on May 23, 2021, 09:24As long as the pedals are moved, the e-motor propels; an electric moped it is

We have hi-jacked this thread somewhat(my fault for intro. pedelecs)

BUT with a crank-based pedelec you don't have to use electric motor assistance, however that is rather pointless as you are lugging about an extra 10-12 kg for no purpose otherwise.

I do get your antipathy towards pedelecs though, however misguided, they are a great addition especially in mountainous or very heavy muddy conditions ....or both

wotugonado

@Gibla

All Input is welcome, as I know nothing about bikes really. But I am after a traditional bike really, but thanks for the heads up.

Petrus

Quote from: Gibla on May 23, 2021, 09:32I do get your antipathy towards pedelecs though, however misguided, they are a great addition especially in mountainous or very heavy muddy conditions ....or both
Neither antipathy nor misguided. It is a bicycle with a motor. The rest is fudging it.
Ofcourse they are useful. As was the petrol engine once cyclists found they could strap those to their bike :-)

@wotugonado
It is paramount to get your use clear first.
Nowadays there are réally useful gravel bikes p.e. which make ever so handy all purpose atb.
Then there is double or single plate.
I went fairly early tech mono plate (10 pinions) and that suits me even here in the real mountains.
Lastly second hand or new. Used you can get last year´s tech at a bargain and even with warranty from the cycling shop.

wotugonado

@Petrus

Well it seems supply is non existent at the minute, everything half decent is out of stock, used might be the only route.

Tags: