Injector O rings

Started by ad_car_08, May 6, 2019, 23:21

ad_car_08

Was going to attempt to fit the 2zz yellow injectors earlier. Whilst looking for a "How to" I read that some replacement o rings are recommended.

Does anyone know where id get them from, to fit the yellow injectors? Apparently they're slightly thicker than those needed for the 1zz green injectors?
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

Carolyn

I've found that they are interchangeable.  When they come as part of kits, there is no difference that I've seen.  Never had any leaks after swapping injectors.

Older O rings will look a bit thinner as they deform over time.

You can get them from Sealforce (they have an ebay shop).  I bought 8mm x 2mm Nitrile. (fuel resistant).  Might as well buy a few 'cos they're so cheap!!!
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Call the midlife!

Only difference I noticed when I got the 2zz injectors was the colour, orange rings on the 2zz ones. I got some new black ones with the full engine seal kit for the rebuild and they didn't leak on the 2zzs when I fitted them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

ad_car_08

Quote from: Carolyn on May  7, 2019, 09:34
I've found that they are interchangeable.  When they come as part of kits, there is no difference that I've seen.  Never had any leaks after swapping injectors.

You can get them from Sealforce (they have an ebay shop).  I bought 8mm x 2mm Nitrile. (fuel resistant).  Might as well buy a few 'cos they're so cheap!!!

Is this the only size i'd require?
[/size]

Carolyn

Quote from: ad_car_08 on May  7, 2019, 16:42
Quote from: Carolyn on May  7, 2019, 09:34

Is this the only size i'd require?

So long as you don't need the fat base seals as well.

ad_car_08

Worth getting as a belt and braces approach? I don't fancy risking any kind of leaks.

I see sealforve are on holiday and not taking orders, so I looked on fleabay...99p per o ring?...Is that right?
[/size]

Carolyn

Quote from: ad_car_08 on May  8, 2019, 10:00
Worth getting as a belt and braces approach? I don't fancy risking any kind of leaks.

I see sealforve are on holiday and not taking orders, so I looked on fleabay...99p per o ring?...Is that right?

Check the price for ten!!

If the base rubbers are flexible, they'll be fine.  They seal air not fuel.  If they've gone stiff, might be worth getting a set (won't be from Sealforce though).

Essex2Visuvesi

How many do you need?
I have some of the seals that Carolyn uses.... she was kind enough to give them to me a while back when I was doing the turbo build
Happy to post them to you FOC if you need them.... think there's a set of 4, but will need to double check

ad_car_08

Quote from: Essex2Visuvesi on May  8, 2019, 13:14
How many do you need?
I have some of the seals that Carolyn uses.... she was kind enough to give them to me a while back when I was doing the turbo build
Happy to post them to you FOC if you need them.... think there's a set of 4, but will need to double check

That's very kind of you, thank you! If I just need 1 seal per injector, just the 4 please  :notworthy:
[/size]

Essex2Visuvesi

No worries, I'll dig them out tonight... might actually be at home for a change

Tags: