42'000 mile Service

Started by Anonymous, April 4, 2005, 12:33

Anonymous

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm aware that this has been discussed before but I can't find the thread on Search.

Toyota in Kidlington (Oxford) quoting £450 for 42'000 mile service.

s:evil: :evil: s:evil:   Oi - Mr T.... NO!

Can anybody either:

a) Recommend someone sensible and reasonable in the Oxfordshire/Warwickshire/Northants region?

b) offer their services for a full service on the car?   s:D :D s:D  

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated as always.

Jono & Emma

Anonymous

JEEZUZ!! That IS a lot!!!

I have got my 40K service tomorrow and the local MrT quoted me just under £250!!!!

Can't help you on dealers. Just had to express shock!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

OK, well, this is interesting   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Emma just called Toyota back to query the quote and got a bit shirty with them - Based on the fact that people on this site have been quoted much less in the past. She ended up making a complaint with customer services as the minions she was talking to had no idea what they were doing.

She called Mr T Milton Keynes who quoted £290! She then called Mr T Stratford who are quoting £190!!!   s:D :D s:D  

The manager at Mr T Oxford has subsequently called us back and quoted £290 as Emma made a complaint with toyota Customer Services but scr*w them. You can't quote £450 then slope down to £290 when you realise the chick isn't as dumb as you'd bargained for.

We're giving Stratford a try, hopefully they won't make the mistake of trying to either a) Sting us or b) cut corners. I'll keep you all up to speed.

s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Thats more like it! Some people really do try it on...............  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Liz

Good for Emma for challenging them!!

They all ought to be watching their arses after this today:

m http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4407627.stm m
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

darrenjuggins

Hi Jono and Emma,

That still sounds high - what are the labour rates in Oxford..... ?!?

My Toyota service was £134 for the 40k + oil supplied by myself, so about £140 !!! Hmmm the blabour rates must be about £100 an hour in oxford to make it £290.....

Ring Listers Toyota at Lincoln and then pass that price on to the dealer in Oxford - I know I live in the Midlands - but it don't cost that much more to run a garage in oxford !

BTW: the 40k was my most expensive service !

just had my 70k done and it was £111 !!!!!

at your dealer prices - you could bring it up hear, have a couple of nights in a hotel, enjoy Lincoln's fantastic cathedral and still have money left for a nice meal and drinks !!!

s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)  

Cheers

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

dimwit

I take mine to Murley's in Stratford (they the garage you mean?)..Excellent service there, you wont be dissapointed!!! 1st service was only £70, 2nd service is going to be £160 minus £30 for using me own oil.. RogerH uses Murley's as well...

Anonymous

Hey, that's encouraging news! Lovely jubbly.

Lincoln eh - nice sausages there.   s:) :) s:)  

Good to have your input folks. maybe we should set up a chart 'averaging' what we're all paying for various services - could be a sticky like the insurance sticky?

Anonymous

Rayleigh Toyota 40k service £220 including oil.  Then I sold her...but we don't talk about that 'cos I'll cry <blub>

filcee

Quote from: "Jono & Emma"Good to have your input folks. maybe we should set up a chart 'averaging' what we're all paying for various services - could be a sticky like the insurance sticky?

You could add your thoughts to the thread in General http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2526

Charts ... yeah ... it's on my list of things to do  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Tags: