Fuel filler cap

Started by Anonymous, August 6, 2003, 08:48

Anonymous

I've noticed that when you insert a fuel pump nozzle, the pipe down to the petrol tank seems to move around, a cm or so each way....is this correct?

GSB

Its just the tank moving around in its mountings ( I think. ) My one does it to...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Slacey

Seems normal, they all seem to do it. Never had any problems myself.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Yeah, it wobbles when you start shaking the pump nozzle, guess it was made like that.

Anonymous

Mine wobbles to and is reluctant to fill up at full pump power.  s:x :x s:x

Anonymous

Mine wobbles... to overcome the cut-out on full flow, pop the pump handle in, and then push it gently down and hold it there.  Since someone pointed that out to me, I've never had any problems.

Anonymous

Hold the pump pipe and rotate so its comming in at 11o-clock. Then no problems with the pump cutting out.

Slacey

Quote from: "cstevens"Hold the pump pipe and rotate so its comming in at 11o-clock. Then no problems with the pump cutting out.
This method works for me, too.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I just fill up at a petrol station where this doesnt happen!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

According to Markiii if you use the stations that have the retractable pumps then you are fine.  I avoid Tescos...it took me 11 minutes to fill her up there!.

Anonymous

Yeah, im ok at BP garages but there is one shell garage near J15 of the M1 that does not like it - like you, took me about 10 mins to get anywhere... left before i filled the car up and drove to another garage!

Tags: