Hillclimb and Turbo car (s)

Started by tets, September 29, 2019, 12:00

tets

Decided to re do part of the system - New filter ordered and some more fuel line.

Gone with a proper Sytec filter with 10mm push fit ends - I find the AN fittings great in part but I have steel braided hose from 2 different places and unfortunately the long pipes are not brilliant.
I'll try and get some pics up but the composition of the steel braid on 1 type of hose is great, really stable and clean when you cut it. The fittings go on really well and it they clamp up great.
The other is the opposite plus the braid moves up and down the rubber hose when you work it and it frays a lot easier. I'm going back to jubilee style clamps as I know they seal properly.

I'll revisit at some point and probably replace the long pipes but this will do the job.

We'll retest this weekend and hopefully get a better result!

tets

Quite a good day today - Got the new fuel filter and pipes in - gravity leek test was good so connected the battery and switched the pump on - no leaks on the fuel rail or injectors so I'll take the win!

Got the funnel in to fill the oil, wired it to the brace, started pouring, wire shifted and poured oil everywhere! did it again properly, got approx 4.3 ltrs of oil in (to cater for turbo and oil cooler) and cleaned up best I could.
No leaks so disconnected the coils and gave it a cold crank to move oil round - no leaks so far.

I'm picking up a new to me Sparco seat up in the morning so hopefully in the afternoon I'll get it fired.
Just need to add something to the emanage blue (blank map with injector size or pre existing map) but not sure which!

The new fuel filter is a larger diameter to the old one so had to improvise on the mounting - it works but not ideal! you'll see the pic!

The return fuel rail maybe recognisable as I believe Carolyn made it moons ago!

Also a pic of the loop breather - did a bit of research on this and it makes sense. Pipe above the tank on the exit, loop then the bottom bit below the tank then back to the filter. if I go over (which I have previously) the bottom loop will be above the top of the inverted tank so no spillage! took some thinking about!

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

tets

not quite to plan today.

Found a Sparco Rev seat local so went to get that.

Called home to get my old laptop (thought it was win 98) but is windows 7 and won't connect to the emanage!

Got the rear arch liner in, did another crank with the coils disconnected, more leak checks (all good)

Feel like crap, shivering and coughing so went home and cracked a beer!

Hopefully I can beg, steel or borrow a laptop (and hopefully emanage knowledge) and go again next week

Ardent

emulator or compatibility mode? for win 98

jvanzyl

Quote from: tets on April 21, 2024, 18:52not quite to plan today.

Found a Sparco Rev seat local so went to get that.

Called home to get my old laptop (thought it was win 98) but is windows 7 and won't connect to the emanage!

Got the rear arch liner in, did another crank with the coils disconnected, more leak checks (all good)

Feel like crap, shivering and coughing so went home and cracked a beer!

Hopefully I can beg, steel or borrow a laptop (and hopefully emanage knowledge) and go again next week

Sorry to hear you're not well!

Here's a link on how to connect to the Emanage: https://youtu.be/GT4Vc_Wcapc?si=HA6cahIh-4Af_WgE

This is how I connect to mine and I know it works as I have windows 10.

tets

Been a good weekend!!

Got more fuel in, primed the fuel system again and no leaks - can hear the fuel coming back into the tank from the return so all good there.

Got the seats and harnesses in which took ages as I've bolted through the floor with spreader plates which worked really well.

Rear bumper back on, couple of clips to fasten in the arches and an extra strip of heatproof tape to add on the left as it's doing my OCD no good!!

IT at work are sorting me a WIN98 laptop - I tried installing virtual box and WIN98 on an old windows 7 pc and it won't work - I watched the video above but not sure if I'm being technologically retarded so IT to the rescue!

Oh and I ordered a new oil pressure switch and positive battery terminal.

Need to get the semi slicks on the Rota's so I'm on the rain sports on standard rims (wet tyres) for the MOT.

Hopefully next weekend I'll get the MAP on and we'll give it a blast!
 You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Tags: