Oil & Water feed for turbo

Started by Nvy, April 9, 2020, 13:29

Nvy

As title states I want to make sure which lines I can use for the turbo. Can you share any experience preferably  with some pics?

@thetyrant @Gaz mr-s

Also what coolant should I use? Winters around here are harsh, it can be -30 at times.

thetyrant

Oil feed i have it from the oil pressure sensor feed on filter housing which is common feed point, basically remove oil pressure switch, screw in t-piece with correct size fittings so you can refit switch into end it, then feed line to turbo down from the t-piece.

Coolant feed i have from the heater feed circuit on back on engine, there is a hardpipe come along side of head towards back of car where there is a rubber elbow which sends it left (as you look in from back) onto another hardpipe going over top of gearbox towards front of car, i have turbo in and out in place of the stock rubber elbow, so coolant comes out of feed on side of head and goes right into turbo instead of left like stock, it then comes out of turbo back onto pipe over gearbox to complete the circuit.

I will get some pics for you as car is up in air at moment while i work on sump etc.
Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

thetyrant

Here you go...

Oil feed connection to filter housing..
You cannot view this attachment.

Coolant connection...
You cannot view this attachment.
Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

Nvy

Thank you! The pics look top notch.

Tags: