More loose poppers on the roof...

Started by Anonymous, August 7, 2003, 10:44

Anonymous

I've found another pair of undone poppers buried way down in the roof mechanism.  They're just like the ones at the top that connect shelf straps but they're hidden well down in the mechanism near the main hinges.

It looks like they should be strapped around soemthing and popped together but I'm not quite sure what!

If anyone can undertand what the hell I'm on about and give some pointers I'd appreciate it.

--H--

P.S. You can only actually get at them when the roof is either about half way down, from the inside, or all the way down, from the outside.

Anonymous

Is it making any difference to the "performance" of the roof? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it! Seems like they might have been like that for a while........

Mind you, I have no idea what you are talking about......  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

-H-

I THINK that those have something to do with the material underneath the "parcel shelf".
I mislaid a leather driving glove somewhere and thought it may have been when I dropped the hood on a sunny, frosty winter morning. I remember taking all that trim apart, couldn't find the glove and then had a problem connecting it all together again. In the end I thought "bollocks. I can't be bothered" and left it. No difference to the way the hood works.

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

Tem

Hardcore, I guess you're talking about the same ones I had. Apparently those are supposed to keep one piece from NOT blocking the water drain pipe. And it seems that most of the time it won't block it anyway, I first noticed it after using the top in very cold temps...around 0C (30F).

I wasn't sure where to connect it either, so I just took it to a dealer who fixed it under warranty.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

They're certainly in the right place to stop part of the roof from blocking the drain holes.  After messing around with them last night I'll make sure later that nothing is blocking the drain and I'm sure it'll be fine.

--H--

Anonymous

I spent a long time trying to find out what these were for. They are about 1/2 an arms length down into the mechanism near the drain holes. I saked other owners, looked it their cars (was always undone) asked several dealers - none had a clue. Eventually someone suggested maybe the roof is also used on some other car, and its intended for that one.

At the end of the day, they are useless. Cut the off to save weight   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Those are the ones, I'll just make sure the roof material is sitting right so it doesn't block the drain holes and forget anbout them.

I could save at least a few ounces by getting rid of them!

--H--

Tags: