2004 Phantom Gray Pearl Mr2Bart 1991

Started by MR2Bart1991, May 15, 2020, 08:02

MR2Bart1991

So here i am with my readers ride of my imported 2004 Phantom Gray Pearl(or sable i think it's the same)
if you have read my new members introduction mod you would know this is my 2nd MR2 Roadster i had a black 2004 TTE one when i was 19 and now im 29 with new refound love for this car and more respect because scared myself more than once with my inexperience back than..

however these cars have aged and i can tell the one i have now is just not as firm anymore with more body flex and rattles so getting this car back to how it's supposed te handle is one of my first tasks.

i had a lotus style exhaust lying around from Sk import though and a decat so these were the first things i did to well improve the sound overall but im planning to or weld a magnaflow sportcat on the decat or selling the decat and buying a zero exhausts sport cat but still not worked out on that though.

MR2Bart1991

also i had to convert the uk headlights to lhd drive and well clean them up because they were really aged as well..

shnazzle

That's good progress already. 
How did you convert the headlights?
...neutiquam erro.

MR2Bart1991

Quote from: shnazzle on May 15, 2020, 08:56That's good progress already.

well basically there's a little plate behind the lens in the facelift headlight that needs altering from a rhd cutoff that looks alot like the photo above(not my pics)

to a ldh cutoff

but well, we couldn't really alter it the way we want so I had to make it just level like the USA pattern which is also legal in my country.

also had alot of help from someone that does this alot on imported S2000's

shnazzle

Quote from: MR2Bart1991 on May 15, 2020, 11:12

well basically there's a little plate behind the lens in the facelift headlight that needs altering from a rhd cutoff that looks alot like the photo above(not my pics)

to a ldh cutoff

but well, we couldn't really alter it the way we want so I had to make it just level like the USA pattern which is also legal in my country.

Well, that's the first time that knowledge has passed this extensive forum. Well done :) 

And interesting
...neutiquam erro.

Joesson

Quote from: shnazzle on May 15, 2020, 11:59

to a ldh cutoff

Well, that's the first time that knowledge has passed this extensive forum. Well done :)

And interesting

So now I'm wondering if the reverse can apply, change LH drive car headlights to RH drive headlights.
I seem to recall LH drive type headlights being more readily/ cheaply available!

MR2Bart1991

Quote from: Joesson on May 15, 2020, 12:16
Quote from: shnazzle on May 15, 2020, 11:59

to a ldh cutoff

And interesting

So now I'm wondering if the reverse can apply, change LH drive car headlights to RH drive headlights.
I seem to recall LH drive type headlights being more readily/ cheaply available!

No not at all lhd headlights for the mr2 are expensive as hell, they are way cheaper in the uk

Joesson

MR2Bart1991

Well my softtop was done for so first i tried to look for a new one but on the continent they cost alot more (No swansea option here :p) but i found a decent hardtop though in a good enough color for a while that cost less than a new soft top..

I will probably still go for a new soft top next summer or so but for now the hardtop will do.

Joesson

@MR2Bart1991

So no Swansea option for a soft top , but your price for the hard top must be much lower than a hard top here. Strange! But I guess most places here, other than Swansea, are likely more pricey than a hard top, even with the fitting kit.

MR2Bart1991

Quote from: Joesson on May 16, 2020, 19:04@MR2Bart1991

So no Swansea option for a soft top , but your price for the hard top must be much lower than a hard top here. Strange! But I guess most places here, other than Swansea, are likely more pricey than a hard top, even with the fitting kit.

Well i did get a really great deal for the hardtop though 650€(with fitting kit) instead of at around 1000€ for a new soft top(unfitted).. going from Belgium to swansea for a soft top is probably still cheaper than a new unfitted one here...

Ardent

Quote from: MR2Bart1991 on May 16, 2020, 19:11going from Belgium to swansea for a soft top is probably still cheaper than a new unfitted one here...
I have not done the maths, but, I agree.

Joesson

Quote from: MR2Bart1991 on May 16, 2020, 19:11

Well i did get a really great deal for the hardtop though 650€(with fitting kit) instead of at around 1000€ for a new soft top(unfitted).. going from Belgium to swansea for a soft top is probably still cheaper than a new unfitted one here...

£581 hard top inc. kit  and £894 soft top at today's exchange rate!
Man maths could well be applied concerning a Swansea visit.

Ardent

And a hardtop to sell on an recoup some funds.

MR2Bart1991

Quote from: Joesson on May 17, 2020, 09:36

yeah but corona fucked all that shit up for a while though.. not allowed to leave the country ^^

shnazzle

Quote from: MR2Bart1991 on May 17, 2020, 10:26

yeah but corona fucked all that poopoo up for a while though.. not allowed to leave the country ^^
.. Hmm.. Seems I've left a gap in the word censorship haha
...neutiquam erro.

MR2Bart1991

Quote from: shnazzle on May 17, 2020, 10:31

yeah but corona fucked all that poopoo up for a while though.. not allowed to leave the country ^^

haha sorry did not even realise :D

Joesson

Quote from: MR2Bart1991 on May 17, 2020, 10:50
Quote from: shnazzle on May 17, 2020, 10:31

haha sorry did not even realise :D

Not to mention that Swansea is in Wales!

MR2Bart1991

My Zero Downpipe arrived today, need to fix a little problem before i can fit it though.

shnazzle

Care to elaborate? That looks so much cleaner than mine :( Wish I had held out now. Not that I had a choice as mine leaked like a sieve
...neutiquam erro.

MR2Bart1991

Quote from: shnazzle on June 11, 2020, 17:19Care to elaborate? That looks so much cleaner than mine :( Wish I had held out now. Not that I had a choice as mine leaked like a sieve

Kevin forgot  the boss for the o2 sensor, he mailed me when the downpipe was already on it's way that he forgot to weld it in.. He offered to send me the boss and pay the welder that's gonna weld it here for me.

shnazzle

Quote from: MR2Bart1991 on June 11, 2020, 19:30
Quote from: shnazzle on June 11, 2020, 17:19Care to elaborate? That looks so much cleaner than mine :( Wish I had held out now. Not that I had a choice as mine leaked like a sieve

Kevin forgot  the boss for the o2 sensor, he mailed me when the downpipe was already on it's way that he forgot to weld it in.. He offered to send me the boss and pay the welder that's gonna weld it here for me.
Haha! 

That's quite funny. Imagine his face when he realised
...neutiquam erro.

MR2Bart1991

Quote from: shnazzle on June 11, 2020, 19:34
Quote from: MR2Bart1991 on June 11, 2020, 19:30

Haha!

That's quite funny. Imagine his face when he realised

Haha yeah it really is :D he apologised and did his best fo fix the problem inmediatly though, and that is the most important thing.

m1tch

MR2Bart1991

Quote from: m1tch on June 12, 2020, 09:00What front lip is that btw?

temporary just a "EZlip" its a piece of rubber but it works for now.

Tags: