Coilovers?

Started by Bimmer-Bob, May 20, 2020, 22:48

shnazzle

I gained a newfound appreciation for my BCs actually since I realised I've had them for 6 years and they've done over 50k miles. 
That's not bad going in my eyes for budget coilies that get used quite hard.
...neutiquam erro.

Dev

Quote from: shnazzle on May 23, 2020, 14:22I gained a newfound appreciation for my BCs actually since I realised I've had them for 6 years and they've done over 50k miles.

Do you have the inverted type or the regular? 

shnazzle

Quote from: Dev on May 23, 2020, 14:57
Quote from: shnazzle on May 23, 2020, 14:22I gained a newfound appreciation for my BCs actually since I realised I've had them for 6 years and they've done over 50k miles.

Just cheapest of the cheap. BR-RA, with rubber mounts and 4/6kg springs.
Softest setup I could get.

But... It has actually go me looking at their high end series.
...neutiquam erro.

Dev

Quote from: shnazzle on May 23, 2020, 15:29
Quote from: Dev on May 23, 2020, 14:57

Just cheapest of the cheap. BR-RA, with rubber mounts and 4/6kg springs.
Softest setup I could get.

But... It has actually go me looking at their high end series.

If you are happy with what you have thats all that matters. I have had the pleasure of having driven many set ups for this car,  sometimes twice or thrice for the same dampers. One of the best ones was the TRD Sportivo and although it was on the soft side it was very well balanced and thats what I care about more than stiffness. Its too bad they never made a budgeted line of researched dampers for the street similar to these as that would have bridged the gap from spending close over $2k on the KWs.

KRAMSNEHPETS

Quote from: thetyrant on May 23, 2020, 09:15
Quote from: KRAMSNEHPETS on May 22, 2020, 22:08Someone has bought the tein EDFC off EBay, been beaten to it

Wonder if it was someone on this thread and what they paid, the seller offered it to me for £675 after i initially offered £600, even that was too much in my eyes really so didnt go for it at 675.  If it turns out to be in perfect order it was a good buy though.

They were going to do a deal at £675, but some one jumped in and hit the buy it now! price

2004 Red edition. 2ZZ engine with Rotrex 30 94 supercharger,90mm pulley. Link Storm ECU. Charge cooler. Custom Meggalian exhaust.Uprated fuel pump, regulator and rail.840 injectors.323 BHP at the hubs. Meistier coil overs. Matt under body brace. Front and rear, upper and lower braces,list goes on...

Tags: