2001 Blue

Started by panderoo, June 5, 2020, 17:42

panderoo

Quote from: Ardent on June 13, 2020, 19:50is that your own lift?

It is.

It's at my parents home, but there is only me that does any work on cars now so I guess it's mine.

Ardent

Green eye lift envy. Right here right now.

Ardent

hmm
Lincoln  thats just to the right of Leicester. ;)

panderoo

Aye not far.. I always try to help people where/when I can.

I have access to great facilities, albeit obviously they are not actually mine as such so I have to be a little considerate.

If you ever need help, drop me a message and I'll see what I can arrange.

Ardent

Appreciated.

If not real work. There are times when it would just be nice to get it in the air and go round with a bit wire wool/brush and an oily rag and magic spray. Just rub the arms down and a coat of hammerite. That sort of thing.

Thanks for the offer. No doubt I will have forgotten by this time tomorrow.

panderoo

New Febi rear drop links, painted to hopefully keep them look nice. A bit longer.

Rear cross member arrived.. been for shot blasting and now coated in Bilt Hamber Electrox and filled with their cavity wax.

Hopefully tomorrow painted in 2K Raptor Liner.

Carolyn

Another lift in the area.  That car is going to be sorted, I can see....

You're always welcome to use ours, too, Jase.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

panderoo

Ends sealed with U-POL Grey Stripe seam sealer and all painted in U-POL 2K Raptor Liner.

Hopefully this keeps the tin worm away for a while.

panderoo

Nearly there now, rear beam is on and it's pretty much back on its wheels.

Just need to do the alignment and it's time to have some fun again.

panderoo

Had a little ride out to catch the sunset last night.

Ardent

well played on all accounts.

We have a little photography corner  those shoots would sit well in there.

Particularly like the vent shot. Nicely done.

panderoo

Very kind, but alas I'm not much of a photographer.. its pure luck if i take a photo and it turns out nice.  ;)

Ardent

Doesn't matter. :)

panderoo

Facelift front brace fitted, excuse the orange paint we have several cans of Toyota orange forklift paint at work that needed using up.

Let's hope this Stiffens up the wobbly front end a bit.

Joesson

Orange is good.
We did have a Member on here with a completely orange car, that was not the only thing that was not OE, it was extensively modified.
Unsure what happened to him, maybe he felt he had done all he could with the car and moved on.
With just an orange front brace you still have lots to do so hopefully you'll be staying around.

panderoo

Mid brace fitted today.. again not my choice of colours, but that's the colour Megillian had in stock.

Joesson

Quote from: panderoo on June 28, 2020, 12:14Mid brace fitted today.. again not my choice of colours, but that's the colour Megillian had in stock.

I thought you might have been tempted to give it a coat of orange freebie but see your going with Bassett's theme.

panderoo

I was tempted, but having driven to Hull to collect it yesterday.. I just couldn't be arsed to go and fetch the orange paint from work. :))

Joesson

Not to worry, unlikely to be seen, just keep it the right way up!t
When I was working on my '56 Beetle in the mid 60's my low cost underbody paint was Transformer Grey. Not the modern day toys but those that can be seen in the middle of fields. I figured that if it was durable enough for that it was good/ cheap enough for the wheel arches on a Beetle. No wheel arch liners then!

panderoo

Quick 3D Printed Knob spacer.

panderoo

This car seems to hate me..

Power steering pipes decided to give up and spill the total contents of the fluid on the driveway.

So new FCS EBAY pipes fitted

Relocated the alarm siren thing while I was in there.

Also thrown on some of DEVS door bushes, which seem to have made quite a big difference to the feeling of rigidity.. which is nice.

More mods coming soon

Joesson

Quote from: panderoo on July 14, 2020, 18:10This car seems to hate me..

Power steering pipes decided to give up and spill the total contents of the fluid on the driveway.

So new FCS EBAY pipes fitted

Relocated the alarm siren thing while I was in there.

Also thrown on some of DEVS door bushes, which seem to have made quite a big difference to the feeling of rigidity.. which is nice.

More mods coming soon

@hamspeed

I recalled that you offered these and the good reports of them so I checked eBay for what panderoo  might have paid.
I found your GarageFiftyNine offer on eBay and noted the offer price £999.99
I guess you may offer preferential rates to Members but!

You may be doing yourself a disservice.

panderoo

Won't be everyone's taste.. Front Lip fitted

panderoo

Brown wheels

panderoo

Track tyres are on, not sure on the Bronze myself, but it's a bit late now

So i now have 4 x 15" rear wheels running 205/50/15 Interstate DNRT tyres all round

Tags: