Replacing front driver side grill

Started by BuRnT rUbBeR, June 17, 2020, 11:53

BuRnT rUbBeR

Hi guys,

I've been giving my 2 (2003) some TLC due to the downtime from covid, replacing wheel arch liner and arial motor so far.

I hit a pheasant going 50 mph a couple months ago and it went through the front grill on the drivers side (rest of the car was fine and the pheasant got a broken leg but got the right people to take it away) I can't seem to get the grill panel off, it seems to be part of the bumper, is this the case and its not a minor replace or am I missing something?

Additionally, does anyone have a recommendation for front number plate mounts? Mine has a fair big dent on the corner, is there a readily available replacement or easier to go for a universal one?

Thanks!

Joesson

Pheasants seem to be attracted to our cars, second such coming together in recent times.
The front "grill" is part of the front section of the body work, not a separate entity.
My car is a 2002 PFL so a bit different( better) at the front, no number plate holder and the number plate is fixed to the dimpled section at the top of the "grill".

PS if you have the pieces the grill maybe repairable but bumper off to do so. Alternatives could be a metal mesh diy replacement or a replacement front end from a breaker such as Mr Sloan on here.

Ardent

Ditch the holder and go stick on plate?

Topdownman

I had a generic one when I had a FL bumper. It was thinner and you didnt need to drill the numberplate as it slid in.

Not the best picture but you might just be able to make it out?

"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Tags: