Spotted - black Mk3 in Maidenhead, 2.30pm this afternoon

Started by aaronjb, April 24, 2005, 17:35

aaronjb

I flashed you, and waved.. and you waved back.. I had my top down, you had yours up, oh, for shame..

First time I've actually done that  s:) :) s:)  Of course, probably not a member on here, so there's now some bloke driving around thinking "Why did that bloke just wave at me?"  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

StephenBennett

You're doing better than me!  s:? :? s:?   I've been waving and flashing other MR-2's in & around Norwich for over a year with nary a hint of recognition.

The latest was a Red on the Watton Road, sunday. All I got was a look of annoyed disdain from the driver!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Having driven Minis and Fiat X1/9s I'm more used to a friendly  response.

I'm I expecting too much?  s:?: :?: s:?:   Or are all MR-2 owners concentrating so much on the driving they can't manage a wave?

Regards

Stephen

SimonC_Here

I was followed down a sliproad in Oxford by a member of the mr2oc in a mk2. Even got a wave!

Although going through Bracknell on Friday there were 2 Mr2s with their tops down. didn't get a wave from either of them.  s:( :( s:(

Simon

aaronjb

Quote from: "StephenBennett"I'm I expecting too much?  s:?: :?: s:?:

I think it's just indicative of the fact that we're driving a 'mass market' car, really.. I mean - minis are cult cars, X1/9's are rare cars.. We're driving a Toyota  s:) :) s:)

I found the same coming from the 300ZX where you often got a wave..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

roger

Keep waving / flashing....we'll get them to realise they got a little extra special something when they bought their '2.

I must admit I had a hard stare the other day when I flashed somebody - forgot I was in the F*rd!   s:? :? s:?
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

When I had my Mk1 MX5 I used to get waves all the time.  Much less so with the Mk2 MX5 and now I have the MR2 I haven't yet had a wave lol:)

Tags: