Suspension set up data base?

Started by Petrus, November 21, 2020, 20:37

Petrus

Quite a few people are faffing with the suspension of their cars and that will get more as the OEM parts need replacing.

There are a great many sites about generic suspension tuning and a wealth of specifics about the MX per example but there is very little collected data out there about the MR2 Spyder.
The spring rate table on Spyderchat and the sway bar table on here are the only examples I have fond.

Would it be an idea to create a sticky with just the suspension set up information of members? No write up, just the info.

Per example; Year - Rims/tyres - Shocks/springs - bracing - allignment - extra (sway bars etc.) - ??

AdamR28

I think useful to a point, definitely.

However, without 'feedback' I'm not sure how much help it would be, other than to confirm most people run their cars too low and too stiff ;)

(Even then, just like tyres, brake pads, etc if feedback is added there is a huge amount of subjective junk that goes on which may muddy the water further.)

Petrus

Quote from: AdamR28 on November 23, 2020, 12:35(Even then, just like tyres, brake pads, etc if feedback is added there is a huge amount of subjective junk that goes on which may muddy the water further.)

Hence my suggestion to skip it.

Collecting a data set is to make a comparison of product specs and numbers crunching possible.

For some that will be more enlightening than for others and if a member wants help then a seperate thread about that car and use has the data to fall back on fácts to go with the explanations/ experiences.

Zxrob

Quote from: AdamR28 on November 23, 2020, 12:35(Even then, just like tyres, brake pads, etc if feedback is added there is a huge amount of subjective junk that goes on which may muddy the water further.)

This ^^^^
You know the old saying " a little bit of knowledge is dangerous"

Rob
Adventure before dementia 😁

Tags: