Brake pads?

Started by Carolyn, January 5, 2021, 16:21

Dev

Quote from: Mr2paul on January  6, 2021, 21:31That's good for you then. You found the stock brakes inadequate for your braking needs Hence the 4 pots ? I obviously don't no yr driving style but over here it's got to be steady away. Safety is paramount which is why we have mot tests.

The stock brakes are more than adequate and I have maintained the opinion against racing pads for the street. I have four pots for better braking feel on the street even at low speed driving but that is not the primary reason for doing it. I was after reducing the unsprung weight by 9lbs which is significant.

Dev

Quote from: Petrus on January  6, 2021, 21:53
Quote from: Mr2paul on January  6, 2021, 20:30It beggars the question that if people want silly expensiv pads to stop them in time, why don't we see twin pot calipers mentioned ?? It's a honest genuine question to all that feel that Oem is not adequate for the road is it not ?

The OEM brakes are quite good. Even for silly driving.

I would neverthelees lóve to go twin pots for two reasons:
- less play; both on the sliding caliper and the piston
- unsprung weight

Homologations rules prevent me.

Thats too bad. You would really love them because its something you feel all the time not just performance driving. The refinement in the pedal is just superb.
Braking feel is one of the first things I observe when I test drive any car. Some cars are just lousy.

shnazzle

... She only asked what pads to get :)

Next time I think I'll just reply "OEM" and lock the thread.
It's an MR2 for crying out loud with old Yaris parts bin brakes.

I only said Yellowstuff because I like the bite of them. OEM are absolutely fine.
I swore by ebay specials for 165gbp for discs and pads for all 4 corners for years. Absolutely peachy.
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: