Anyone used Yokohama A052's on track?

Started by JB21, March 6, 2021, 19:09

JB21

Looking at selling my wets and binning my AR1's to have just one set of wheels/tyres for road and dry/damp/wet track. Rainsports are only really good for a very wet track and AR1's for a fully dry track, so want a good all-rounder.

A052's seem to fit the bill here?

I will still have slicks for dry days when someone can ferry them to track for me, so A052's still need to be decent in the dry when this is not possible.

Anyone ran these tyres on track? If so will they suit my needs? Also what is the wear rate like?

Roj

I don't have these so can't offer a personal opinion, however, I've read and listened to a number of reports from race meets at Knockhill where it rains pretty much constantly and on multiple occasions, people say (paraphrasing) "A052s were the tyre to have today, the Yoko equipped cars were topping the leaderboards again".

I appreciate that doesn't tell you what they being compared against, or the other variables like the car, driver etc but it's pretty common knowledge up here the A052s are one of the best dry, wet and in-between tyre for series using MSA listed tyres.

ucb

I couldn't see a 15 inch option on the Yokohama website
Smallest was a 205/50 on 16

Roj

Quote from: ucb on March  7, 2021, 10:33I couldn't see a 15 inch option on the Yokohama website
Smallest was a 205/50 on 16

Strange. They are available in 195/50/15, although perhaps old stock?

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/yokohama-advan-a052-tyre

shnazzle

Just had a look at the price of these... 
Wow.
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: