Aircon Condenser Replacement

Started by rusty0273, April 7, 2021, 10:02

rusty0273

Can anyone advise if I need any items in addition to the replacement rad itself to complete this job? Bossworld previously suggested getting hold of replacement O rings from Toyota but on speaking to their local parts department, they can't identify which O rings would be needed if any.
The rad itself comes with a little tin of oil but nothing else.

Joesson

Quote from: rusty0273 on April  7, 2021, 10:02Can anyone advise if I need any items in addition to the replacement rad itself to complete this job? Bossworld previously suggested getting hold of replacement O rings from Toyota but on speaking to their local parts department, they can't identify which O rings would be needed if any.
The rad itself comes with a little tin of oil but nothing else.

Not specifically air con system but where those bent wire hose clips are used I prefer to replace with a worm drive/ Jubilee type clip.

rusty0273

Update as requested.
Fitted the new condenser with new Toyota O rings (definite requirement).
Took it into ATS for regas and after 45 mins was looking good as no phone call to tell me its leaking.
Unfortunately, although the system is holding pressure when they tested it, the compressor stopped spooling after a few seconds. Looks like I need one of those or at least a new clutch on it.
At least the system is leak free now with a brand new condenser, so that's probably the expensive bit done.
Looks like there are a few different compressors so will need to investigate that.

Joesson

Quote from: rusty0273 on April 17, 2021, 15:24Update as requested.
Fitted the new condenser with new Toyota O rings (definite requirement).
Took it into ATS for regas and after 45 mins was looking good as no phone call to tell me its leaking.
Unfortunately, although the system is holding pressure when they tested it, the compressor stopped spooling after a few seconds. Looks like I need one of those or at least a new clutch on it.
At least the system is leak free now with a brand new condenser, so that's probably the expensive bit done.
Looks like there are a few different compressors so will need to investigate that.

But did you vote yet for the new Club Committee Members?

rusty0273

But did you vote yet for the new Club Committee Members?
[/quote]

Yes - I have. Well done to all of the candidates. Its a great, enthusiastic forum and very well managed.

Tags: