Mk3 turbo - trying to put a value on it!

Started by MattAiello, April 17, 2021, 09:57

MattAiello

Will be good to get out there for sure! Can you guys recommend a good track to put it through its paces? I've only ever been to Santa Pod (run what ya brung) - will be good to test both the straight line performance there and also the handling characteristics on something with turns!

thetyrant

All tracks can be fun just go with your nearest, where are you located ?

Also with a turbo car you need to keep a close eye on things going on track, they generate a lot of heat and tucked away in back of the car like this with so little air flow it gets very hot!   keep sessions shorts 10mins max i would say and keep close eye on oil levels and coolant etc, also a good idea to put fresh oil in before the trackday if its done  few miles since last change and always use good quality fully synthetic oil, i tend to change oil on turbo cars before every trackday as it gets such a hard time.

Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

MattAiello

Thanks mate, great advice. I'm in South Birmingham so not sure where's closest tbh (always went to Santa Pod as 1) not hard to get to and 2) less chance of my heavy right foot getting me into trouble on the bends!).

thetyrant

I think Mallory park probably your closest one :)
Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

Tags: